An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Obama Is Not An Antichrist

One who supports as an ideological theory the idea that the murder of an innocent human being is morally acceptable is -- if baptized -- no longer a Christian, because supporting a position that is contrary to the divine and natural law by definition puts one in opposition to the Christian faith.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1695455' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:15 AM']You claim that because Obama believes in Christ he could not be an Antichrist. But even the devils in hell believe and tremble. Christ says that only those that "[b]do[/b] the will of my Father, that is in heaven, he is my brother, and sister, and mother."[/quote]

yes exactly, im saying since he belives in christ he could not be an antichrist and john echo's that with the scripture i provided.

nowhere did i say that he is going to make it to heaven, like i have said a million times, jesus may say to him "depart i never knew you" and jesus might say that to anyone of us to.

my point is that he's not an antichrist. just becasue you dont make it to heaven doesnt mean you are an antichrist.

people are throwing this word around not even knowing what it means and it is annoying. that is why i provided scripture in this thread. john lays it out perfect. its really easy to understand.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1695458' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:17 AM']Are demons in hell antichrists?[/quote]

no, not accoding to John.

and again im not saying obama is going to heaven, if he dont change his postion then he may be in a alot of trouble. all im saying though he's not an antichirst. simple.

Edited by Guest

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1695460' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:18 AM']yes exactly, im saying since he belives in christ he could not be an antichrist and john echo's that with the scripture i provided.

nowhere did i say that he is going to make it to heaven, like i have said a million times, jesus may say to him "depart i never knew you" and jesus might say that to anyone of us to.

my point is that he's not an antichrist. just becasue you dont make it to heaven doesnt mean you are an antichrist.

people are throwing this word around not even knowing what it means and it is annoying. that is why i provided scripture in this thread. john lays it out perfect. its really easy to understand.[/quote]

I am not talking about his place in the after life. I showed you even the demons in hell believe that Christ is Christ. Again are demons Antichrists?

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1695462' date='Nov 5 2008, 11:20 PM']no, not accoding to John.

and again im not saying obama is going to heaven, if he dont change his postion heaven he may be in a alot of trouble. all im saying though he's not an antichirst. simple.[/quote]
Anyone who opposes Christ (i.e., His message and the adoration that is properly given to Him) is an anti-Christ.

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1695459' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:18 AM']One who supports as an ideological theory the idea that the murder of an innocent human being is morally acceptable is -- if baptized -- no longer a Christian, because supporting a position that is contrary to the divine and natural law by definition puts one in opposition to the Christian faith.[/quote]

ok bro and i could level with you on that, that makes sence.
im not gonna write brother obama and everyone who voted for him off as christians though.
you can and i can see where your coming from and im not even saying your wrong.
God knows their hearts and he will deal with them.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1695462' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:20 AM']no, not accoding to John.

and again im not saying obama is going to heaven, if he dont change his postion heaven he may be in a alot of trouble. all im saying though he's not an antichirst. simple.[/quote]

Not according to your teaching of John.

Are you teaching based on your teaching of John that the demons in hell are not against (aka anti) Christ?

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1695464' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:21 AM']Anyone who opposes Christ (i.e., His message and the adoration that is properly given to Him) is an anti-Christ.[/quote]

ok well im going with the bible God bless you none the less.
when true antichrist come you will know the difference.
true antichirst arent even going to acknowlege jesus came in the flesh.
there is a big differnce.
godbless bro

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1695465' date='Nov 5 2008, 11:22 PM']ok bro and i could level with you on that, that makes sence.
im not gonna write brother obama and everyone who voted for him off as christians though.
you can and i can see where your coming from and im not even saying your wrong.
God knows their hearts and he will deal with them.[/quote]
Obama is not a Christian, because he has been unfaithful to his baptism. Nevertheless, I pray that one day he embraces the Christian faith by no longer accepting and promoting an ideology that is contrary to the law of God.

The blood of the holy innocents is upon his hands.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1695468' date='Nov 5 2008, 11:23 PM']ok well im going with the bible God bless you none the less.
when true antichrist come you will know the difference.
true antichirst arent even going to acknowlege jesus came in the flesh.
there is a big differnce.
godbless bro[/quote]
You may go with the Bible, but I will go with scripture, tradition, and the magisterium of the Church.

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1695469' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:25 AM']Obama is not a Christian, because he has been unfaithful to his baptism. Nevertheless, I pray that one day he embraces the Christian faith by no longer accepting and promoting an ideology that is contrary to the law of God.

The blood of the holy innocents is upon his hands.[/quote]

ok well i'll leave it up to God to decide and you do what you do
Godbless

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1695471' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:26 AM']You may go with the Bible, but I will go with scripture, tradition, and the magisterium of the Church.[/quote]

whatever man dont get all super catholic on me.
im catholic and i submitt to the church.
im on a phorum posting my opinon.
chill

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1695472' date='Nov 5 2008, 11:27 PM']ok well i'll leave it up to God to decide and you do what you do
Godbless[/quote]
God's decision has already been made manifest through His Church.

Moreover, I rejected Protestant subjectivism when I converted to Catholicism more than 20 years ago.

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1695474' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:29 AM']God's decision has already been made manifest through His Church.

Moreover, I rejected Protestant subjectivism when I converted to Catholicism more than 20 years ago.[/quote]

:lol_roll: