An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Obama Is Not An Antichrist

Anyone who supports the murder of an innocent human being does not have a living Christian faith, because by embracing the evil ideology of abortion he has openly opposed Christ (i.e., he is an anti-Christ).

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1695476' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:31 AM']Anyone who supports the murder of an innocent human being does not have a living Christian faith, because by embracing the evil ideology of abortion he has openly opposed Christ (i.e., he is an anti-Christ).[/quote]

and you show me church teaching that says that makes him an antichist
and i'll shut up

and i dont support abortion, i hate it, and i think all should hate it.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1695477' date='Nov 5 2008, 11:32 PM']and i dont support abortion, i hate it, and i think all should hate it.[/quote]
I am glad that you do not support abortion, but this thread is not about you; instead, it is about Obama, and he does support abortion.

By supporting the murder of innocent human beings he has placed himself in opposition to Christ (i.e., he is anti-Christ). No one can support murder as a means or an end and be a Christian.

Edited by Apotheoun

KnightofChrist

Christ speaking to the demons called Legion in a man speaking to and 'adoring' Christ.

Mark 5:6-9 6 And seeing Jesus afar off, he ran and adored him. 7 And crying with a loud voice, he said: What have I to do with thee, Jesus the Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God that thou torment me not. 8 For he said unto him: Go out of the man, thou unclean spirit. 9 And he asked him: What is thy name? And he saith to him: My name is Legion, for we are many.

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1695482' date='Nov 6 2008, 01:36 AM']I am glad that you do not support abortion, but this thread is not about you; instead, it is about Obama, and he does support abortion.

By supporting the murder of innocent human beings he has placed himself in opposition to Christ (i.e., he is anti-Christ). No one can support murder as a means or an end and be a Christian.[/quote]

Must be a ton of antichrists out there then.

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1695480' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:33 AM']What does the prefix "anti" mean?[/quote]

see bro you wont even address the scritpure i provided from the bible that talks about antichrist. only in john and in revelations does the bible talk about antichirst. and john clearly states that an antichirst is someone who does not acknowelge jesus christ came in the flesh. so all im saying is that obama cant be an antichrist since he does acknowelge jesus christ came in the flesh.

could he be other things? sure.
but according to holy scripture he is not an antichrist because he acknowleges Jesus Christ came in the flesh.

just because he's not an antichrist doesnt mean he is not a murderer. he could be many things.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1695485' date='Nov 5 2008, 11:37 PM']see bro you wont even address the scritpure i provided from the bible that talks about antichrist. only in john and in revelations does the bible talk about antichirst. and john clearly states that an antichirst is someone who does not acknowelge jesus christ came in the flesh. so all im saying is that obama cant be an antichrist since he does acknowelge jesus christ came in the flesh.

could he be other things? sure.
but according to holy scripture he is not an antichrist because he acknowleges Jesus Christ came in the flesh.

just because he's not an antichrist doesnt mean he is not a murderer. he could be many things.[/quote]
I am using God given reason, and that is of course why He gave us a brain. I do not rip isolated verses of the Bible out of context and think that that is a legitimate argument.

Where did you receive your Catholic catechesis? I want to know so that I can warn others to avoid that institution.

Edited by Apotheoun

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1695487' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:39 AM']I am using God given reason, and that is why He gave us a brain. I do not rip isolated verses of the Bible out of context and think that that is a legitimate argument.[/quote]

how am i ripping it out of contex ? please tell me

anyone who does not acknowlege christ came in the flesh is an antichirst

anyone who acknowleges chirst came in the flesh belongs to God

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1695487' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:39 AM']I am using God given reason, and that is of course why He gave us a brain. I do not rip isolated verses of the Bible out of context and think that that is a legitimate argument.

Where did you receive your Catholic catechesis? I want to know so that I can warn others to avoid that institution.[/quote]

if i wasnt on a catholic phorum i'd give you four good words right now....

peace

KnightofChrist

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1695466' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:22 AM']Not according to your teaching of John.

Are you teaching based on your teaching of John that the demons in hell are not against (aka anti) Christ?[/quote]

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1695480' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:33 AM']What does the prefix "anti" mean?[/quote]

Well?

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1695487' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:39 AM']I am using God given reason, and that is of course why He gave us a brain. I do not rip isolated verses of the Bible out of context and think that that is a legitimate argument.

Where did you receive your Catholic catechesis? I want to know so that I can warn others to avoid that institution.[/quote]

if i wasnt on a catholic phorum i'd give you three good words right now....

peace

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1695489' date='Nov 5 2008, 11:42 PM']how am i ripping it out of contex ? please tell me

anyone who does not acknowlege christ came in the flesh is an antichirst

anyone who acknowleges chirst came in the flesh belongs to God[/quote]
Because you think that by simply taking a quotation from one of the Epistles of John that you have exhausted the meanings of the words found in that text. The Epistle of John is not a comprehensive treatment of the Christian faith, in fact the Bible is by its very nature limited. Catholics reject sola scriptura, and have always accepted as de fide the fact that tradition and the magisterium are also necessary for knowing and living the true faith.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1695494' date='Nov 5 2008, 11:43 PM']if i wasnt on a catholic phorum i'd give you three good words right now....

peace[/quote]
You have my prayers.

KnightofChrist

They really cant be any 'good' if you cant say them but say them without saying them on a catholic site.

Anyway what does anti mean?