An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama's Interview About His Religious Beliefs

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1696188' date='Nov 6 2008, 09:40 PM']what do you expect from an antichrist ?
666[/quote]

lol. come off that antichrist stuff man.

pham, can't we just pray for him without the excess?

[quote name='Seven77' post='1696191' date='Nov 6 2008, 09:47 PM']lol. come off that antichrist stuff man.

pham, can't we just pray for him without the excess?[/quote]

lol well either he is or he isnt
i was pretty much convinced last night in the obama is not an antichirst thread that he is
so if he is i mean, what am i supposed to do ?
i was saying he wasnt but members high up here say he is and they could back up why he was.

i backed up why i thought he wasnt with scripture but the one dude in the thread told me i was interpiting it wrong and being a heteric (sp?) and he was probally right because once he translated the text to greek it seemed to include obama as an antichirst....

i rode hard for obama though saying he wasnt a anitchrist but the pham set me straight. so now i gotta callem how i see'm i guess

obama :

[x] antichrist

[ ] christian

[ ] buff

[ ] straight talker

Edited by Guest

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1696197' date='Nov 6 2008, 08:54 PM']lol well either he is or he isnt
i was pretty much convinced last night in the obama is not an antichirst thread that he is
so if he is i mean, what am i supposed to do ?
i was saying he wasnt but members high up here say he is and they could back up why he was.[/quote]

Really? I am going to have to check that out. I am convinced he is not.....at least yet. If anything, he is a cafateria Christian :topsy: so far. I think I am going to check out that anti-God thread.

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1696209' date='Nov 6 2008, 10:01 PM']Really? I am going to have to check that out. I am convinced he is not.....at least yet. If anything, he is a cafateria Christian :topsy: so far. I think I am going to check out that anti-God thread.[/quote]

check out the whole thread bro, i provided scripture why i thought he wasnt but by the end of it i pretty much didnt have an arguement, if you can defend where i stood last night try to help me out.

TotusTuusMaria

Just for reference:

I did not start this to show that he is a Muslim.

I did not start this to show that he is the anti-Christ or "a" anti-Christ.

I did not start this to show that he is a false prophet.

I started this to show that he is [b]not[/b] a Christian. And that it truly is "propaganda" to continue to say he is. He isn't even a Cafeteria Christian... He doesn't even believe Jesus Christ to be the Son of God and the Savior. He doesn't believe Christ's words enough to even pick and choose which ones he likes. He doesn't believe in the Holy Spirit... "What they call the Holy Spirit." He doesn't even say he believes in God. He talks of a possible "Higher Power"

This has nothing to do with sins he has committed, if he has even committed mortal ones seeing as the poor man has no idea or refuses to acknowledge what a sin actually even is. It has to do with his beliefs. He is simply not a Christian. His beliefs look nothing like Christianity.

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1696205' date='Nov 6 2008, 09:59 PM']i rode hard for obama though saying he wasnt a anitchrist but the pham set me straight. so now i gotta callem how i see'm i guess

obama :

[x] antichrist

[ ] christian

[ ] buff

[ ] straight talker[/quote]

I don't know, man. I would have voted "buff". I bet he's pretty ripped with pythons and a six-pack to write home about.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1696275' date='Nov 6 2008, 11:47 PM']Just for reference:

I did not start this to show that he is a Muslim.

I did not start this to show that he is the anti-Christ or "a" anti-Christ.

I did not start this to show that he is a false prophet.

I started this to show that he is [b]not[/b] a Christian. And that it truly is "propaganda" to continue to say he is. He isn't even a Cafeteria Christian... He doesn't even believe Jesus Christ to be the Son of God and the Savior. He doesn't believe Christ's words enough to even pick and choose which ones he likes. He doesn't believe in the Holy Spirit... "What they call the Holy Spirit." He doesn't even say he believes in God. He talks of a possible "Higher Power"

This has nothing to do with sins he has committed, if he has even committed mortal ones seeing as the poor man has no idea or refuses to acknowledge what a sin actually even is. It has to do with his beliefs. He is simply not a Christian. His beliefs look nothing like Christianity.[/quote]

Word.

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1696572' date='Nov 7 2008, 04:40 AM']he can go to hell he has blood on his hands
he's gonna mess our country up
ur an enemy obama[/quote]

Strong words. While I am not going to defend Obama on his views....really shouldn't declare him to go to hell.

Is he going to mess our country up? Probably. However, this will wake up the GOP and conservative base to regroup and counterattack. Have to look at the positive.

Oh, and other countries are already making moves to exploit Obama as he is a pushover.

It's going to be an interesting 4 years.........if he survives the future assassination attempts.

Rush Limbaugh is going to have many field days with B.O. and J.B.

eagle_eye222001

"GG: So you got yourself born again?

OBAMA: Yeah, although I don't, I retain from my childhood and my experiences growing up a suspicion of dogma. And I'm not somebody who is always comfortable with language that implies I've got a monopoly on the truth, or that my faith is automatically transferable to others.
I'm a big believer in tolerance. I think that religion at it's best comes with a big dose of doubt. I'm suspicious of too much certainty in the pursuit of understanding just because I think people are limited in their understanding.
I think that, particularly as somebody who's now in the public realm and is a student of what brings people together and what drives them apart, there's an enormous amount of damage done around the world in the name of religion and certainty."

This is such ambiguous BS. :lol_roll: This is so laughable.

"And I'm not somebody who is always comfortable with language that implies I've got a monopoly on the truth, or that my faith is automatically transferable to others."

So you don't know what is the truth or at the very least, you take a Protestant position where every individual interpretation is up for grabs. Again. :lol_roll:

This interview is sooooo laughable. Are you sure no one made this up because this is PATHETIC for a Christian.

Obama takes virtually no stances on anything and kind is like, "yeah Jesus was around....well, we really don't know...."

Pathetic. He takes no position, and does not hold any of Jesus's teachings to anything he does. His religion is just "there."

"GG: Do you get questions about your faith?

OBAMA: Obviously as an African American politician rooted in the African American community, I spend a lot of time in the black church. I have no qualms in those settings in participating fully in those services and celebrating my God in that wonderful community that is the black church.

(he pauses)

But I also try to be . . . Rarely in those settings do people come up to me and say, what are your beliefs. They are going to presume, and rightly so. Although they may presume a set of doctrines that I subscribe to that I don’t necessarily subscribe to.

But I don’t think that’s unique to me. I think that each of us when we walk into our church or mosque or synagogue are interpreting that experience in different ways, are reading scriptures in different ways and are arriving at our own understanding at different ways and in different phases.

I don’t know a healthy congregation or an effective minister who doesn’t recognize that. If all it took was someone proclaiming I believe Jesus Christ and that he died for my sins, and that was all there was to it, people wouldn’t have to keep coming to church, would they."

This guy has virtually no religion. Seems to take the position whatever you want to believe flies. I would pay $20 to debate him. Wow, that would be funny.

He's a politician giving a politically correct answer, trying seem "inclusive" and not "offend" anyone.

Few leaders are able to appear effective without selling a little of their soul... it's sad. The man needs our prayers.

Well it's no wonder the guy is confused. He's definitely a product of protestantism

"No. My grandparents who were from small towns in Kansas. My grandmother was Methodist. My grandfather was Baptist. This was at a time when I think the Methodists felt slightly superior to the Baptists."
" And by the time I was born, they were, I think, my grandparents had joined a Universalist church. he remarried an Indonesian who wasn't particularly, he wasn't a practicing Muslim. ""I went to a Catholic school in a Muslim country. "
"give me books about the world's religions, and talk to me about them. ""o that, one of the churches I met, or one of the churches that I became involved in was Trinity United Church of Christ.
"suspicion of dogma. "

Ash Wednesday

My favorite was:

"I'm not somebody who is always comfortable with language that implies I've got a monopoly on the truth, or that my faith is automatically transferable to others."

Now [b][i]that's[/i][/b] a man of conviction.