An Old School Catholic Message Board

Whom Did You Support?

qfnol31

Where did your choice go?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm interested how many people who voted other are unhappy with this election. I should have asked if they think McCain would have been better than Obama.

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1696297' date='Nov 7 2008, 12:05 AM']I'm bitter.[/quote]
Saint Therese was not bitter! :saint: She was devout and prayerful! We just know too much! <_<

eagle_eye222001

Honestly I am not sure if I would have been happy with McCain winning. I kind of prefer to give the Democrats the stage and allow the GOP to reorganize themselves and come back strong.

If McCain would have won, he would not have done anything helpful for the Religious Right and I feared that he would just provide fodder for the liberal media for 4 years and insure a bigger Democratic takeover in 2012. With McCain the GOP would not have the incentive to do the reorganization they are being forced to do now. The GOP needed a shake-up just as many American citizens do and we would not have gotten it with McCain winning.

Don't get me wrong, I did not support Obama and there are things I am nervous about him. I am not thrilled with him at all.

In the poll if McCain won, I probably with have been dissatisfied with the end result as I would have wished for a better candidate than McCain.

HisChildForever

According to the poll - 2 people voted for Obama, and 1 said they were not Catholic (which is Fidei, of course). I wonder who the Catholic is that did vote for Obama. :wacko:

Ash Wednesday

Obama being in office is not what I have a problem with in itself. Like, say if he had a change of heart or something.

[b]
IT'S EVERYTHING ELSE THAT WILL FOLLOW AS A RESULT OF IT THAT I HAVE THE BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH.[/b]

But for what it's worth, no I'm not happy with the result with that in mind, and voted "no" in that regard.

Edited by Ash Wednesday

[quote name='zwergel88' post='1696839' date='Nov 7 2008, 03:27 PM']Obama, yes, yes[/quote]
Why?
And by the way, it's just "Who did you support?"
It's the subject, not the object.

Edited by USAirwaysIHS

You is the subject, whom is the direct object receiving your support.

Had I asked "Who received your support?" you would be correct.

Edited by qfnol31