An Old School Catholic Message Board

Whom Did You Support?

qfnol31

Where did your choice go?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='qfnol31' post='1697013' date='Nov 7 2008, 05:20 PM']You is the subject, whom is the direct object receiving your support.

Had I asked "Who received your support?" you would be correct.[/quote]
I stand corrected.

I'm not surprised by the results, but I do find them fascinating.

Three people who voted "other" were not happy with the outcome. The only question I can think to ask is would they have been happier with McCain than Obama, even if only slightly?

Funny how fast we all are to say who we voted for in a secret ballot. Other, No, and third option I picked yes because there is no "As with all politicians, time will tell".

I voted "other," but I suppose it is true to say that I would have been slightly less unhappy had McCain won.

As I see it McCain stood for nothing, and he really did not seem to have any idea why he was running for president, which is why I did not support him.

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1697021' date='Nov 7 2008, 05:31 PM']FTFY.[/quote]
[img]http://209.85.48.16/4802/66/0/e5000049/e5000049.gif[/img]

Seriously, a vote for Obama is not a vote for abortion. Did you ever think that there may be other issues here?

KnightofChrist

Yes there are more important things than genocide. The Abolitionist had to fight the same kind of foolish arguments that Pro lifers must fight today.

[quote name='JustJ' post='1698348' date='Nov 9 2008, 02:21 PM'][img]http://209.85.48.16/4802/66/0/e5000049/e5000049.gif[/img]

Seriously, a vote for Obama is not a vote for abortion. Did you ever think that there may be other issues here?[/quote]
The right to life is the foundation of all other rights, so abortion cannot be relegated to a status of irrelevancy. Perhaps for an atheist the protection of innocent human beings is irrelevant, but a Catholic is required to form his conscience in the light of the teachings of the Church's Magisterium.

Look: McCain was not going to do anything to directly overturn Roe v Wade.

So, unless you've got a candidate who is saying he WILL make a MAJOR effort to do something about it as one of the biggest parts of his campaign, do not limit yourself to such a single issue, especially when there is an economic crisis on our hands and McCain [url="http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1185304443?bctid=1885474357"]doesn't understand economics[/url] and picked a VP candidate who has no notable economic experience, either.

Also, don't say that I don't care about life because I'm an atheist. I'm a pro-life atheist, most especially with this particular government's most important duties: to protect life, liberty, and property.

It's not that I don't care. It's that McCain seemed unlikely to do anything about it, just as Bush did nothing about it.

[quote name='JustJ' post='1698363' date='Nov 9 2008, 02:37 PM']Look: McCain was not going to do anything to directly overturn Roe v Wade.[/quote]
That is why I did not vote for McCain.

[quote name='JustJ' post='1698363' date='Nov 9 2008, 02:37 PM']So, unless you've got a candidate who is saying he WILL make a MAJOR effort to do something about it as one of the biggest parts of his campaign, do not limit yourself to such a single issue, especially when there is an economic crisis on our hands and McCain [url="http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1185304443?bctid=1885474357"]doesn't understand economics[/url] and picked a VP candidate who has no notable economic experience, either.[/quote]
Sadly, Obama is going to initiate a program that will lead to the persecution of people of faith, because when he signs FOCA in January I will have no other alternative but to conscientiously object to that "law". The liberal agenda has moved on from merely allowing immorality to enforcing it as a good, which everyone is required to accept.

Edited by Apotheoun

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1698368' date='Nov 9 2008, 05:41 PM']Whatever makes you sleep at night.[/quote]
What a beautiful and elegant counterargument. I'm totally convinced. Now I see the light.

[quote name='JustJ' post='1698370' date='Nov 9 2008, 02:43 PM']What a beautiful and elegant counterargument. I'm totally convinced. Now I see the light.[/quote]
When did you present an argument? You have posted some comments, but not an argument.