An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fr. Corapi "there Is Still A God In Heaven"

Laudem Gloriae

Laudem Gloriae

[b]THERE IS STILL A GOD IN HEAVEN![/b]

The American people have now made it abundantly clear who they want to lead them, and the policies and practices that this president-elect has represented for some time, they can now claim as their own. Actions have consequences, and I am sure God has duly noted what our priorities are in the US of A. Economic matters would seem to take precedence over moral matters; money more important than life itself to most people (I guess they don’t consider almost 50,000,000 innocent children murdered by abortion part of life).

Now we shall see what the fruit of such a tree will be. I predict that we won’t have to wait long. In recent months we have seen “corrections” in the stock market, housing market, and banking industries. Now we’ll see if God orchestrates a “correction” in a country and a world that has demonstrated quite clearly that it prefers convenience and wealth to life itself.

Regardless of whatever happens next, remember there is still a God in Heaven and He loves you. He is infinitely merciful—and He is infinitely just as well.

God Bless You

Fr. John Corapi

[quote name='Laudem Gloriae' post='1696562' date='Nov 7 2008, 03:21 AM'][b]THERE IS STILL A GOD IN HEAVEN![/b]

The American people have now made it abundantly clear who they want to lead them, and the policies and practices that this president-elect has represented for some time, they can now claim as their own. Actions have consequences, and I am sure God has duly noted what our priorities are in the US of A.[b] Economic matters would seem to take precedence over moral matters; money more important than life itself to most people[/b] (I guess they don’t consider almost 50,000,000 innocent children murdered by abortion part of life).[/quote]
That is so weird. I had a homework assignment tonight and I wrote as an explanation of what happened this election exactly what he said. I said Americans put their pocket books ahead of the good book.

If he feels the market is crashing for a reason, I hope it's temporal. Some innocent people have their retirement investments in there. :unsure:

Fr Corapi, I know God exists because he sent you as a gift to us. :saint:

Ash Wednesday

[quote]Now we shall see what the fruit of such a tree will be. I predict that we won’t have to wait long. In recent months we have seen “corrections” in the stock market, housing market, and banking industries. Now we’ll see if God orchestrates a “correction” in a country and a world that has demonstrated quite clearly that it prefers convenience and wealth to life itself.[/quote]

My husband and I talked about this last night. He brought up whether or not we would get a chastisement from God. I said I didn't know how much God would need to do this. We bring so much of our problems all on ourselves.

We bring about "progress" year after year, but are we really progressing when society is getting worse and worse? In Britain, for example, they have had record numbers of knife attacks among youth this year, and studies show people are drinking here more heavily than they were 40 years ago. And don't even get me started on my friends neighbors in London's New Cross who had been tied up and repeatedly stabbed in the head, neck and torso before the place was set on fire. One man stabbed 196 times and the other 47 times. Why is it that we are so violent when we are supposed to be progressing so much? Aren't things supposed to be getting better as we become more "tolerant" with time?

We bring chastisement on ourselves through self-coddling and lying to ourselves that there really is no set right or wrong, and that everything is really okay. We bring chastisement on ourselves through our constant relativistic b _ _ _ s _ _ _.

</soapbox>

Edited by Ash Wednesday

dominicansoul

What me and a friend find hard to grasp, is all the babies that are dying now, and the many more that will die under Obama...and why have they not been rescued? I mean, what is God's strategy in allowing these innocents to be slaughtered?

But I told my friend, God allows for free will, and the time will come when not one person who engaged in the slaughter of the innocents will be left standing...

God expects more from those of us whom He has given the Faith. [i]We have failed God[/i], it isn't the other way around...

[quote name='Laudem Gloriae' post='1696562' date='Nov 7 2008, 03:21 AM']The American people have now made it abundantly clear who they want to lead them, and the policies and practices that this president-elect has represented for some time, they can now claim as their own.[/quote]

I really disagree with this statement. Obama did not get elected for his stance on abortion. For most Americans who supported him, he was either elected despite his stance on abortion..

I think people not caring about abortion is even more disturbing than people promoting abortion.

We always have tyrants, villains, etc. But they only succeed when the rest of the people do nothing. Obama won because people care about the economy more than they care about ending abortion.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel partly responsible...

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1696568' date='Nov 7 2008, 04:34 AM']great were _ _ _ _ _ _[/quote]

Yep, your right. Run up the flag of :surrender: as its all over. Give up.

dominicansoul

[quote name='Didymus' post='1696649' date='Nov 7 2008, 09:34 AM']I really disagree with this statement. Obama did not get elected for his stance on abortion. For most Americans who supported him, he was either elected despite his stance on abortion..[/quote]

I think this is what Fr. Corapi is saying. Nobody cares. Obama was elected because nobody give a dang about it...

dominicansoul

...not to mention, Fr. Corapi and many other prominent Catholics were pressing the Catholics not to vote for the most pro-death candidate this country has ever seen...

...if anything, we American Catholics are the ones he's addressing...

Edited by dominicansoul

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='XIX' post='1696651' date='Nov 7 2008, 10:41 AM']I think people not caring about abortion is even more disturbing than people promoting abortion.

We always have tyrants, villains, etc. But they only succeed when the rest of the people do nothing. Obama won because people care about the economy more than they care about ending abortion.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel partly responsible...[/quote]

Exactly.

The sad thing is, as much as abortion opponents rejoiced about potentially having an upper hand in the battle when Bush was elected -- the truth is, people elected Bush in 2000 because they wanted a change of direction from the Clinton/Gore administration following Bill's Zippergate. They re-elected Bush in 2004 because of terrorism and it was only 3 years since 9/11. I don't think abortion REALLY mattered either of those times. It's hard to even get anywhere in this battle when people generally just don't care, at least not enough. At the rate we are going, across this country we WILL eventually have gay marriage, and we WILL have euthanasia. I just have a hard time seeing it otherwise when only a fraction of the population out there view these kinds of things as being deal breakers. The rest of the population look at you like you have lobsters coming out of your ears when you try to explain it to them, even ones that profess to have some kind of religious background.

I sponsored a friend of mine who became a Catholic and now I regret even doing that. She's completely over the moon about "President Obama." We've slowly parted ways and we disagree so much in our worldviews that now we can barely discuss religion and morality at all. I don't even know why I bothered or how I could be so naive, and how I will answer to God for my failures with that and my cynicism since.

I kind of feel frustrated with the GOP as well. Sometimes I feel like they take on just enough of a mixed pro-life stance to get us to nibble and reel us in for our vote, but are they REALLY firm in their convictions? I don't know -- but I can't help but wonder.

I know we shouldn't despair but right now I feel completely irrelevant and helpless. I'll get over it. I'm just really ranty today.

Edited by Ash Wednesday

I think most people vote for the GOP just to keep the Dems out of office. The Dems are so radically pro-abortion that we end up voting for people that we know aren't really pro-life.

It's like signing Biron to a long term contract because you know otherwise, you starting goalie is going to be Antero Nittymaki. Nothing special, but you kinda have to play along with him just to avoid an absolute disaster.

Also, there are a lot of people (on both sides) who put their politics ahead of their faith. Letting Team Elephant or Team Donkey shape their core beliefs, not vice versa.

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='XIX' post='1696720' date='Nov 7 2008, 12:17 PM']It's like signing Biron to a long term contract because you know otherwise, you starting goalie is going to be Antero Nittymaki. Nothing special, but you kinda have to play along with him just to avoid an absolute disaster.[/quote]

:lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll:

Laudem Gloriae

I think Fr. Corapi was discussing the people who DID vote for Obama - there were just not enough God fearing people who cares about the unborn. Also God chastises with nature, wars, etc. - as in all these hurricanes and such as He has done through history. You have to wonder how much of these natural disasters are due to "global warming"!