An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Stay Classy There, Obama

Lil Red

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1698554' date='Nov 9 2008, 08:40 PM']I am sorry Madame your service does not count. It only counts when Dear Leader tells you where to "volunteer" and how to do it.[/quote]

LOL, you guys.

Joking aside, *if* Dear Leader were to institute this "compulsory community service" I wonder what exactly he would have Americans doing in the community service? Soup kitchens or something else?

A few things:

There is no such thing as "The Office of the President-Elect."

Secondly, his .gov website is not in accordance with the law as it is not an office.

The current president-elect is still a senator and that is his current office.

Why this is allowed is anybody's guess.

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1697063' date='Nov 7 2008, 05:17 PM']+J.M.J.+
it's a short clip:
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59XB68F54kA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59XB68F54kA[/url]

edit: anyone else notice the sign? btw, there was no sign at then Pres.-Elect Bush's first press conference. [url="http://www.jamd.com/image/g/735110"]http://www.jamd.com/image/g/735110[/url][/quote]

[quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' post='1697446' date='Nov 8 2008, 12:16 AM']Technically, he hasn't even been elected yet. That happens in December. President-elect is not an office either, at least in the sense that it is an unofficial position and there is no authority in the position.[/quote]

Actually hasn't he in fact been elected already? The people elect the President. He just doesn't have any authority til he's sworn in.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1698407' date='Nov 9 2008, 05:10 PM']Oh man, for the first time in my life, I'm about to be seriously worried about taxes. I'm on the brink of taking on a new job for which I will be classified as an independent contractor, which I have never done. This is basically self-employment. And I'm nervous about the taxes already as it is--but wondering what will happen under President Obama to make it worse than it already will be.[/quote]

Oh theres nothing to worry about... if you make over 250... er 200...er 150... well just take whatever you make and give it to Obama. Besides he knows how to spend your money better than you do.

Easy as pie!

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1698556' date='Nov 9 2008, 08:43 PM']LOL, you guys.

Joking aside, *if* Dear Leader were to institute this "compulsory community service" I wonder what exactly he would have Americans doing in the community service? Soup kitchens or something else?[/quote]

No silly! You would be creating government dependents and registering them to vote democrat.

[quote name='Seven77' post='1698663' date='Nov 9 2008, 08:23 PM']Actually hasn't he in fact been elected already? The people elect the President. He just doesn't have any authority til he's sworn in.[/quote]
The Electoral College elects the president.

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1698688' date='Nov 10 2008, 12:56 PM']The Electoral College elects the president.[/quote]
Very true. The President is [i]not[/i] elected by the popular vote as we all learned in 2000.

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1698688' date='Nov 9 2008, 11:56 PM']The Electoral College elects the president.[/quote]

LOL. True.

Anyway my point was that Obama's been elected already.

[quote name='Seven77' post='1698878' date='Nov 11 2008, 01:32 AM']LOL. True.

Anyway my point was that Obama's been elected already.[/quote]
No...someone else already pointed out the electoral college doesn't vote until December.

On Nov 4, the [i]electors[/i] from each state where elected and nothing else.

[quote name='Justin86' post='1698882' date='Nov 10 2008, 09:34 AM']No...someone else already pointed out the electoral college doesn't vote until December.

On Nov 4, the [i]electors[/i] from each state where elected and nothing else.[/quote]

Are you as sick as I am of having to explain this to [i]everyone[/i]?

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1697315' date='Nov 7 2008, 07:50 PM']please Obama is Our Dear Leader :bow: !!!![/quote]

yes.

stay classy, Obama.

:mellow: