An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayer Thread For President-elect Barack Obama.

Ash Wednesday

Ash Wednesday

Okay. I'm going to step back a bit here before FINALLY going to bed.

I know a lot of us are still very mad and afraid, myself included.
But as is, the pope has expressed that he will pray for Obama and our nation. I think we should follow his example and do the same.

Open to suggestions. Rosary?

Ash Wednesday

In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Amen.

I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth: And in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; he descended into hell; the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and is seated on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit; the holy catholic church; the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body; and the life everlasting. Amen.

Edited by Ash Wednesday

For our leaders, that they might walk the path of fairness and justice in their governance. May they be aware of God's image in all people, including the unborn and infirm...

OREMUS. :ninja:

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed by Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

O Lord our Father, whose glory is in all the world: We commend our nation to your merciful care, that, being guided by your Providence, we may dwell secure in your peace. Grant to the President-elect of the United States, the Vice President-elect, and to all in authority, wisdom and strength to know and do your will. Fill them with the love of truth and righteousness, and make them ever mindful of their calling to serve this people ; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, world without end. Amen.

For the President-elect directly:

May God grant you wisdom,

patience,

and vision.

May you display God-given passion,

and compassion.

May God give you strength,

and gentleness.

May you be known for a clear mind,

and pure heart,

as you seek to lead

your country

in the ways of justice, peace, and truth.

Amen

Edited by cappie

Lord Jesus Christ pour out your grace upon Mr. Obama that he may be inspired to convert to Christianity and defend innocent human life from the moment of conception until natural death.

Ash Wednesday

For the virtue of faith.

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

dominicansoul

Well, last nite it was First Friday All-Nite Adoration at my parish. I came away from contemplation with this inspiration...

I will pray the Spritual Warfare prayer for Barack Hussein Obama every day from this day forward, not only for his own conversion but for the protection of the unborn...

And I don't know how you feel about it, but I thought I would share this with the rest of the phamily:

[b]SPIRITUAL WARFARE[/b]

[i](Sometimes healings and miracles are blocked due to occult barriers. We are reminded in St. Paul's Letter to the Ephesians chapter six that our warfare is not against flesh and blood, but spiritual forces of evil. The Lord reminds us in Luke 10:19 that He has given us power over forces of evil. We must boldly exercise that power. The following prayer will help break controlling powers and open the door to miracles.)[/i]

I place Barack Hussein Obama under the Cross of Jesus Christ and cover Barack Hussein Obama with the blood of Christ. I surround Barack Hussein Obama with the Light of Christ and I say in the name of Jesus that nothing shall block the Lord's miracle work in Barack Hussein Obama's life.

In the name of Jesus Christ I bind all spirits of air, the atmosphere, the water, the fire, the wind and the underground. I claim the blood of Jesus on the air, the atmosphere, the water, the fire, the wind and the underground.

In the name of Jesus Christ I break and dissolve every curse, hex, seal, spell, bond, snare, trap and spiritual influence coming against Barack Hussein Obama. I break and dissolve every disease of body, soul, mind, or spirit placed upon Barack Hussein Obama or brought on by Barack Hussein Obama's own mistakes or sins. Any territory Barack Hussein Obama handed over to Satan I now reclaim, in Jesus' name.

I place the Cross of Jesus Christ between Barack Hussein Obama and all generations in Barack Hussein Obama's family line, and separate Barack Hussein Obama from any negative family influences.

I ask now that the waters of Barack Hussein Obama's baptism flow back through the family line to remove unholy influences.

Heavenly Father, please forgive Barack Hussein Obama for permitting any unhealthy influences. Let this be the time of new beginnings, and a time of miracles.

Than You Heavenly Father.

We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Ash Wednesday

For the virtue of hope.

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

KnightofChrist

Lord Jesus Christ, Who didst command us to love our enemies, and those who defame and injure us, and to pray for them and forgive them; Who Thyself didst pray for Thine enemies, who crucified thee: grant us, we pray, the spirit of Christian reconciliation and meekness, that we may heartily forgive every injury and be reconciled with our enemies. Grant us to overcome the malevolence and offences of people with Christian meekness and true love of our neighbor. We further beseech Thee, O Lord, to grant to our enemies true peace and forgiveness of sins; and do not allow them to leave this life without true faith and sincere conversion. And help us repay evil with goodness, and to remain safe from the temptations of the devil and from all the perils which threaten us, in the form of visible and invisible enemies. Amen.

May God pour out the virtue of justice upon Mr. Obama, so that he may defend from harm the weakest of the weak: the unborn, the infirm, and those who suffer in any way. And may he become an icon of Christ -- as we all should be -- by safeguarding and promoting the rights and dignity of all men during every stage of human life. Amen.

eagle_eye222001

While we as a people debate and attack each other over ideals, we pray that you Jesus continue to remind those who believe in the sanctity of human life and we pray that those who are confused, that their eyes may be opened to the evil of their actions.

For the virtue of charity

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.