An Old School Catholic Message Board

Southern Baptist Wanting To Be Catholic...

Proud2BCatholic139

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='Proud2BCatholic139' post='1698111' date='Nov 9 2008, 01:06 AM']I'm from Minnesota...I don't get it. :P:[/quote]

Southern baptist is a denomination -- not necessarily do all southern baptists come from the south. They're usually as far as I know staunchly against consumption of alcohol of any kind.

Your friend will fit in with the Catholics just fine, on the other hand. :smokey:

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1698229' date='Nov 9 2008, 05:41 PM']Southern baptist is a denomination -- not necessarily do all southern baptists come from the south. They're usually as far as I know staunchly against consumption of alcohol of any kind.[/quote]
In theory, though not always in practice. ;) But yeah, if they follow the SBC, then they aren't supposed to drink.

[quote name='Paladin D' post='1697606' date='Nov 8 2008, 06:57 AM'][b]Proud2B[/b], I am happy for you, and will definately pray for Brandon on your behalf.

Brandon is blessed to have a friend like you in his life, may you continue to be a witness of the Catholic faith, and that God will give you the words to say whenever you need them most. :)

I just noticed, that guy is built like me... stick thin. :lol:[/quote]
Yeah, I noticed too :P Just like me. Hey, he's rockin' out. Nice.

[quote name='Justin86' post='1697847' date='Nov 8 2008, 02:49 PM']I was Catholic before Catholic was cool...[/quote]
:cool:

So yeah... :sign: