An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Disappearance Of Males

cmotherofpirl

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1697986' date='Nov 8 2008, 09:54 PM']I suppose some of these men are in their mid-930s.[/quote]

LOL, Apo...you nailed me. :sweat:

[quote name='Slappo' post='1697989' date='Nov 8 2008, 06:57 PM']that's a little old :)[/quote]
Age brings wisdom.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1697987' date='Nov 8 2008, 08:55 PM']Ironically, the reason Japan and Korea are taking migrant workers now is because Japan and Korea themselves are not having babies!! Both countries are experiencing a birth dearth...Japan's is particularly dangerous, since studies have already shown a frightening expected drop in the Japanese population over the next 30-50 years. At present Japan is officially an "aging nation", that is there is a dangerous gap between the aging population and the youth. Japanese are simply not having enough children. Same goes for Korea, but their drop doesn't seem to be at a dangerous level yet. Give then another decade or two. And the reason Koreans and Japanese are not having enough babies is because 1) couples are choosing a life of work and wealth and don't want to be tied down to two or three kids, and 2) more and more Japanese and Korean women are taking their cues from Western women and choosing career over marriage, or when they do marry they deliberately marry much, much later and only have one child...if any at all.[/quote]
I am friends with several young, single Japanese adults, and... they all work twelve to sixteen hour days. Seriously. No exaggeration. Even if they [i]did[/i] want to start a family, when would they ever have time to meet someone?

It's a bad sign when a language has a specific word for "dying of overwork."

peregrinus_WA

[quote name='Barbarus' post='1697933' date='Nov 8 2008, 07:47 PM']Your uterus has nothing to do with the gender of the children you bore. The gender of a child is determined by the sperm.[/quote]That's right. Blame the man just like the Relativistic culture does :annoyed:

And people wonder why I have decided to stay permanently single. :cool: