An Old School Catholic Message Board

Young Obama Supporters

princessgianna

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1697960' date='Nov 8 2008, 07:50 PM']...and most people don't want to know...

there were many young people I shared Obama's abortion policies with...

but it all fell on deaf ears....it was like, they would put their hands to their ears and say "lalalalallalalalala"

they didn't want to hear it...i was ruining the magic for them![/quote]
:lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll:

princessgianna

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1698087' date='Nov 8 2008, 11:34 PM']My 70 year old mother wants me to buy a gun.[/quote]
you should listen to your mother :mellow:

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1698514' date='Nov 9 2008, 04:54 PM']you should listen to your mother :mellow:[/quote]
I will be buying a gun, and I (and my mom) will be getting some training on how to use it.

Madame Vengier

I don't own a gun but I sure know where to get one and someone to teach me how to use it. As long as I can get to the state of North Carolina, I will always be able to get a weapon. :smokey:

of course they dont know, they dont know a whole lot. Young people now a days dont look deep into things they take it for the appearance and ignore the bigger picture.

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Akalyte' post='1698790' date='Nov 10 2008, 05:07 AM']of course they dont know, they dont know a whole lot. Young people now a days dont look deep into things they take it for the appearance and ignore the bigger picture.[/quote]

BUT :bow: OBAMA IS CHANGE..................and CHANGE must mean good, right? :drunk:

if this is true (and using a bit of logic), then wouldn't that mean that young mccain voters didn't know much either? :unsure:

Edited by rachael

[quote name='Akalyte' post='1698790' date='Nov 10 2008, 03:07 AM']of course they dont know, they dont know a whole lot. Young people now a days dont look deep into things they take it for the appearance and ignore the bigger picture.[/quote]
where did all the 'smart' young people, who voted for Bush in '04, go? Did they get stupid?

This line of, they dont know they dont know a whole lot, borders really close on calling them stupid; which, if i recall, is what some po'ed Dems said in 2004.

The more things change, the more they stay the same, it seems.

dominicansoul

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1698945' date='Nov 10 2008, 12:56 PM']where did all the 'smart' young people, who voted for Bush in '04, go?[/quote]

voted mccain. voted third party. did a write-in. they most likely didn't vote for obama...

So the republicans split their base.

yeah. sounds smart to me.

Maybe you should be more upset at the conservative base for splitting the party and deserting whatever issues mattered to those who voted other than Mc but not Obama?

divide and conquer, right?

yeah, THEY'RE the stupid ones.......

dominicansoul

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1698988' date='Nov 10 2008, 02:48 PM']So the republicans split their base.

yeah. sounds smart to me.

Maybe you should be more upset at the conservative base for splitting the party and deserting whatever issues mattered to those who voted other than Mc but not Obama?

divide and conquer, right?

yeah, THEY'RE the stupid ones.......[/quote]

tell me about it! they were too smart for their own good! they should have all united and voted to stop obama, but they didn't...too many wouldn't hear of voting for mccain...

maybe people wanted to vote FOR someone and not just be rounding error in a statitician's T-table?

i know, that is just stupid talk right there....

dominicansoul

yes...i wanted to vote FOR someone, also..

...but i couldn't...

...not when the stakes were too high for the unborn...

...that was my only concern...

what does one do when it comes to this? we really had no one decent to choose from, no one who could possibly win the election, that is...

Edited by dominicansoul