An Old School Catholic Message Board

This Needs To Be Said

cheryl

I am really enjoying being here. This is the first board I've been on, where well..... :boink:

I may change my opinion in a month lol. :annoyed:

It's just.....okay this is going to get mushy...everyone seems to genuinely care about each other . You're not just a faceless name on the screen.

About a year ago, I was thinking about starting my own forum because of having such bad experiences elsewhere. I wanted to give others a chance to talk and chat without being afraid of being hit over the head. When you get protestants talking about catholics and catholics talking about protestants, it always seemed to be a recipe for disaster. So much of the time neither side really seemed to know what they were talking about-generally speaking. And knowing that it bothered others as well...I wanted for there to be a "safe-zone" if you will. But sadly came to think that it was just the nature of the beast. That no matter how good the intentions, discussing religion via online forums will always degenerate into one sort of sin or another.

Phatmass has proven me wrong. Even in regards to the debate forum....the fact that someone had decided to subname it, "AKA Super Happy Dialogue Corner", demonstrates the sort of charity I am talking about. Usually, whatever religious group dominates a forum, provision is not really made for the minority. So for examples, catholics are more susceptible to being unfairly attacked on a protestant-run board, and visa versa.

Everyone here, that I have had contact with, as well as the creators of these forums, should count yourselves blessed. You have done an amazing job here. We can all argue theology all day long, and a person can be 100% right in everything they say and believe, but if there's no charity, at the end of the day...what does "being right" matter. I really feel the presence of Christ here, and I thank you all for giving me and others that "safe place" I spoke of earlier.

My prayer for this forum, is that it continues to grow, that it is increasingly promoted, that it becomes the number one forum, so long as charity remains here, so as to be an example to other forums. And I will do whatever I can to help that come to pass.

God bless :cloud9:
-------------------------
shower of roses
raindrops of grace
may the love here
fill every place.
--------------------------

If you hang out around the debate table long enough, someone will hit you over the head. We'll just use a pillow instead of a crowbar.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1702579' date='Nov 16 2008, 12:57 PM']If you hang out around the debate table long enough, someone will hit you over the head. We'll just use a pillow instead of a crowbar.[/quote]

[center][size=5][b]PILLOW-FIGHT!!!!!!![/b][/size][/center]

missionseeker

[quote name='Galloglasses' Alt' post='1702589' date='Nov 16 2008, 01:17 PM']If it all gets too much head to the lame board.

Trust me, animosity dissappears completely there.[/quote]

LOL. Indeed! I even got :cupidhit: in the LB! I am ESPECIALLY blessed in finding this phorum.

Thanks dUSt!

Phatmass is great! I enjoy that I get to talk to like-minded individuals, which is something I don't get in my hometown. Everyone is very Christian here :o lol