An Old School Catholic Message Board

Saints, Etc.

littleflower+JMJ

littleflower+JMJ

do any of you guys know of a saint for the youth?

i know of St. maria goretti (sp?) who died at the age of like 13 or something....

she's definitly a saint for the teens....

hmm....i need to look up more info on her and others...

***runs to find more info***runs back****

also, st. theresa? shes one right?

whos' your fav saint?

my favorite are all of them but st. jude, st. anthony, st. therese, st. raphael are my favorite...

:ph34r:

Here's a Saint for the youth:

St. Anthony, patron saint of Lost Things!!!! (or something like that)

Let me tell ya, St. Anthony and I have gotten real tight, seeing as how I've had to ask him for a bit of help about once a day. I swear my room isn't THAT messy, it's my mind thats cluttered!! lol

And wasn't Joan of Arc a very young adult, too? I like her. Plus my name (Jessica) is apparently a derivative of "Joan" somehow. Cool stuff.

And St. Bernadette. She did what God asked her even when people made fun of her for it. Talk about guts! I know that it's hard to stand up to people as a teen.

Edited by BlueRose

GodsThespianChic

Hello!

My favorite saint is Genesius!

His story: He was on stage and acting...and whatever he was performing was quite contrary to what God wanted...and he saw a vision or heard from God while onstage! He converted right then and there onstage and in front of everyone...course, he also died right after...but oh well, it was definately an honorable death!! As I am a Thespian and theatre is my life and Genesius is the patron saint of actors, it only seems fitting that he would be my favorite, eh? Well, we're pretty close now...I talk to him before I go onstage or involve myself in a show at all! Well, that's about it...bye bye! :)

well my favorite Saint is St. Therese of Lisoux. Well it's my friend Chris's favorite but I've kinda picked up on it too.....she's amesome!. But my confirmation saint was St. Genevieve. She's that patroness of charity & good works!...you can go to www.catholic.org it's got some cool saints

I don't know any saints for the youth really, maybe except St. Therese de Lisieux.

My favourite saints are St. Maximilian Kolbe, St. Patrick, St. Francis of Assisi and St. Joseph.

yea I don't really know any for youth either....but you should definatly chekc out www.catholic.org it's got a HUGE list of saints & what they're for....

Searcher825

Timothy, whom paul writes to in ITimothy, IITimothy was very young as well. Something like 13. And the letters Paul wrote to him were Pastorial letters..whicih are for those who shepard to communities. Timothy was being prepped to replace paul, and in the letters Paul informs Timothy how important it is for him to have someone to replace himself, just like hes sopposed to replace Paul. I always thought it was cool that Timothy was young and he did so much.. he was a leader in the early church -- it shows how we can be leaders even though we are young as well.

St. Peter the first pope is my all time fav. saint. Alot of times, Peter would mess up, but he would always ask for forgivness and Jesus would give it to him. Esp after he denied Jesus 3x, he cried but Jesus still forgave him and everything. That story is always comforting to me bc it shows Jesus' forgivness. Also, Peter wories about not being worthy and stuff, and I feel the same way alot of times. I dunno, I jus always liked St. Peter.

I ask for intercession from St. Sebastian alot too. I'm an althlete and he's the patron saint of atheletes. We're tight.. he helps me get through cross country practice when I feel like I'm gonna pass out ;-)

And St. Joan of Arc is my confirmation saint.. I always thought u gotta respect a girl who will lead an army into battle, I wish I had those kinda guts and so I look up to her alot for that.

....I could go on but I wont.. hehe

Searcher825

Oh yeah and the "official" patron saint of youth is:

St. Aloysius Gonzaga

Priest

d. 1591 Feastday: June 21

St. Aloysius was born in Castiglione, Italy. The first words St. Aloysius spoke were the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary. He was destined for the military by his father (who was in service to Philip II), but by the age of 9 Aloysius had decided on a religious life, and made a vow of perpetual virginity. To safeguard himself from possible temptation, he would keep his eyes persistently downcast in the presence of women. St. Charles Borromeo gave him his first Holy Communion. A kidney disease prevented St. Aloysius from a full social life for a while, so he spent his time in prayer and reading the lives of the saints. Although he was appointed a page in Spain, St. Aloysius kept up his many devotions and austerities, and was quite resolved to become a Jesuit. His family eventually moved back to Italy, where he taught catechism to the poor. When he was 18, he joined the Jesuits, after finally breaking down his father, who had refused his entrance into the order. He served in a hospital during the plague of 1587 in Milan, and died from it at the age of 23, after receiving the last rites from St. Robert Bellarmine. The last word he spoke was the Holy Name of Jesus. St. Robert wrote the Life of St. Aloysius.

(www.catholic.org)

And wasn't St. Catherine of Sienna rather young as well?

littleflower+JMJ

wow! thanks searcher!! that was amesome!!! thanks for all the information about the saints......thats cool...thanks for sharing...

Searcher825

I only looked up the one, hehe -- I had to give a teaching on the book of Timothy at a retreat I was on the team on about two weeks ago so I remember all that stuff. I have the books of Timothy down cold lol_grin.gif And I am going to use that information whenever I get the chance, hehe -

• 5 months later...

Saint Padre Pio, and Saint Therese of Lisieux are my favorites, along with a few others, like St. Jude, and St. Michael

I know St. John Bosco is also the patron saint of youth, if that wasn't said!

I just love bringing back to life old threads, they get rejuvenated, and get life, jsut like when we fall, jesus picks us up and helps us get back on our feet!