An Old School Catholic Message Board

Class Of 2009

Christie_M

rose wrought of iron

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1763553' date='Jan 27 2009, 02:16 PM']:woot:
Another one!! haha

When do you hope to hear from A&M?[/quote]

(sheepish)
I don't really know; I've been tracking it, and they haven't even processed my transcripts yet...

:sadder:

Wow, I can't believe I never saw this thread before.
I'm graduating this June, and have conditional acceptance into a Chemistry major program at university. :)
No SATs for us awesome Canadians. :))
Also we only do 3 years of high school, because we're just that cool.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1764776' date='Jan 28 2009, 03:16 PM']Wow, I can't believe I never saw this thread before.
I'm graduating this June, and have conditional acceptance into a Chemistry major program at university. :)
No SATs for us awesome Canadians. :))
Also we only do 3 years of high school, because we're just that cool.[/quote]
That's probably a good idea, most kids I know didn't get jack out of public school.

rose wrought of iron

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1764838' date='Jan 28 2009, 04:23 PM']That's probably a good idea, most kids I know didn't get jack out of public school.[/quote]

I don't know, I've learned a lot from my teachers, but maybe I've just been lucky... except in math, this year and last year (after we ran off the child molester dude the first sis weeks :club: ) are the first time i've actually learned from my math teachers...

[quote name='icelandic_iceskater' post='1764798' date='Jan 28 2009, 02:31 PM']how many years do you guys do overall? ^[/quote]
Same as you actually. :)
Kindergarten (sometimes a year or two of preschool/playschool before that).
Grade 1- Grade 6 is elementary school. (Primary school to Americans)
Grade 7- Grade 9 is junior high. (middle school)
Grade 10- Grade 12 is high school.

Then most undergrad degrees will be four years. You can squish it into 3 or take as long as you want.

No SATs? I think I like canada lol

Yeah, i was in public school from 10-11th grade and with most of my classes I learned alot (except english 11th grade...)

I'

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1765108' date='Jan 28 2009, 08:43 PM']No SATs? I think I like canada lol

Yeah, i was in public school from 10-11th grade and with most of my classes I learned alot (except english 11th grade...)

I'[/quote]
My friend wrote it, but that's only because she's planning on heading down south for school and softball.
We write diplomas at the end of the grade twelve 30 level courses (in Alberta). I don't know if you have an equivalent to that or not.
They're standardized tests written at exactly the same time by every student across Alberta. 50% of the course mark. Quite important tests. :P Mean a lot for university.

I should mention that education is a provincial thing rather than federal. In Saskatchewan their years are organized the same as yours. Elsewhere as well, I'm sure. I live in Alberta.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1765163' date='Jan 28 2009, 08:10 PM']My friend wrote it, but that's only because she's planning on heading down south for school and softball.
We write diplomas at the end of the grade twelve 30 level courses (in Alberta). I don't know if you have an equivalent to that or not.
They're standardized tests written at exactly the same time by every student across Alberta. 50% of the course mark. Quite important tests. :P Mean a lot for university.

I should mention that education is a provincial thing rather than federal. In Saskatchewan their years are organized the same as yours. Elsewhere as well, I'm sure. I live in Alberta.[/quote]

Hmm interesting.
I don't what writing deplomas means (i've been alittle slow lately, be patiant!! haha)

[quote name='rachael' post='1765530' date='Jan 29 2009, 04:11 AM']i am having the WORST senioritis. worse than in high school. anyone else?[/quote]

I'm probably worse off then you. :unsure:
I'm still doing some frist sememster lessons............... Thank goodness for the weekends?

icelandic_iceskater

I got accepted into my first college today :woot:

it took them three days form the time I fully applied to call and say I was accepted. I was not expecting a response that quick.

[quote name='icelandic_iceskater' post='1765905' date='Jan 29 2009, 02:14 PM']I got accepted into my first college today :woot:

it took them three days form the time I fully applied to call and say I was accepted. I was not expecting a response that quick.[/quote]

:woot: :woot:
:yahoo:

Which one?

[quote name='Arpy' post='1765953' date='Jan 29 2009, 02:55 PM']Congratedcheesulations![/quote]

:lol_above:

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1765756' date='Jan 29 2009, 01:12 PM']Hmm interesting.
I don't what writing deplomas means (i've been alittle slow lately, be patiant!! haha)[/quote]
Diplomas are the province wide standardized tests. Like an extra final for the grade twelve level. 50% of the course mark.