An Old School Catholic Message Board

Class Of 2009

Christie_M

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1792694' date='Feb 27 2009, 06:35 PM']Aw, I guess you beat my essay then. :)

I guess I didn't really work all that hard on mine...[/quote]
Aww I'm sorry :P

But Canada was well represented on the finalist list. At least four were chosen from Ontario I believe.

Besides... I had a Carmelite sponsor me. :saint:
:lol_roll:

[quote name='salterrae' post='1792829' date='Feb 27 2009, 07:45 PM']Aww I'm sorry :P

But Canada was well represented on the finalist list. At least four were chosen from Ontario I believe.

Besides... I had a Carmelite sponsor me. :saint:
:lol_roll:[/quote]
Lucky. :) I guess I need to apply for more scholarships. :P There are a lot of good essays in that contest... although I was definitely not a fan of the first place one from last year.

TotusTuusMaria

Very nice. I think you made a really good choice on the tux. :)

I really like the charcoal tie.

Edited by TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1792985' date='Feb 27 2009, 09:13 PM']Very nice. I think you made a really good choice on the tux. :)

I really like the charcoal tie.[/quote]
Thanks! :))
I hope it works out smoothly.

[quote name='salterrae' post='1792663' date='Feb 27 2009, 03:21 PM']JM + JT

OK, so I didn't apply to anywhere special and fantastic just yet, but...

I got into the Honors College at the local college in my neighborhood. (:

I've heard A LOT of good things about it, even that it's better than one of the universities in the area, so I'm real happy that I got accepted. There was an interview and everything.

It's free and I get all my scholarship money back, so all I have to do now is keep my grades up, find tons more scholarships, and it's out of state here I come! :D

OH! And...

I'm a [b]finalist[/b] for Fireside Catholic Publishing's 2009 scholarship for $1000! :) I wrote an essay about the impact religious education has made on my life and I am a finalist out of I think 35 or so from about 400 entries. (I'll check the exact numbers later). Anyways, I'm the only one from my state (Ohio seemed to repeat a lot) and the only one with a Hispanic-sounding name. :)

Prayers please![/quote]

:yahoo: congrats!!

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1793097' date='Feb 27 2009, 09:03 PM']Thanks! :))
I hope it works out smoothly.[/quote]

:) good luck with it!!