An Old School Catholic Message Board

Beloved: New Video On Nashville Dominicans

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

VS Pham!

Salt+Light TV of Canada has produced a beautiful video documenting the life of the Dominican Sisters of Saint Cecilia in Nashville. The trailer is available online [url="http://www.saltandlighttv.org/prog_special_beloved.htm"]here[/url].

They have been working on it since last summer. The Sisters are thrilled with it, and the vocation director, Sister Mary Emily, just showed me the trailer today. The final documentary is 55 min long, and will be aired on Jan 11 at 9pm EST.

Get excited! Pray for this beautiful community! Praised be Jesus Christ!

:love:

Maria Faustina

OH......MY......GOSH!!!!! THAT WAS AMAZINNNNGGGG!! TWO OF MY SISTERS ARE ON THERE!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! I AM SOOOO GOING TO ORDER THAT!!!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR POSTING THAT!

Maria Faustina

I knowww what you meann....that was beautiful....definetly almost made me cry....
It makes me want to follow my vocation more than I already do!!!!
I know what I will ask for Christmas :)
Thank you again...you definetly made my day!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

DominicanPhilosophy
:clap: Salt + Light did such an [u]awesome[/u] job, and I totally get teary-eyed every time I watch this! What an enormous blessing it would be if this were His will for me! Sister showed us this in class yesterday, and it was hard to concentrate throughout the rest of my classes. Just the beauty of it all..of Him.. :love: My absolute favorite part is Sr. John Catherine at 1:49. I can't stop thinking of this video and can't wait for the entire special to come out! Thank you so much for posting this!

+JMJD

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

I KNOW!!!! The Sister John Catherine part was SO POWERFUL. I can't get over it. I had read a blog from one of the people filming that day--that was last year at Final Vows. He described watching the Sisters' eyes "roll up to look at Him on the cross" and that's exactly what he was talking about!

+Praised be Jesus Christ!

This was a great trailer. My daughter and I went to one of their profession ceremonies over the summer, and they are indeed a beautiful community. I'm glad they have something out there that beautifully reflects the truth of who they are with grace and dignity.

TradMom

When I was with the sisters this weekend, they were showing this trailor to the novitiate for the first time, and I got to watch it with them! They all loved it. It looks like it will be an amazing video. "We wish to start heaven here on Earth." :love:

DominicanPhilosophy

[quote]I KNOW!!!! The Sister John Catherine part was SO POWERFUL. I can't get over it. I had read a blog from one of the people filming that day--that was last year at Final Vows. He described watching the Sisters' eyes "roll up to look at Him on the cross" and that's exactly what he was talking about![/quote]

I read that, too! I found the blog after the video and it's beautiful as well, to read other peoples' findings of the joy and love and [b]holiness[/b] that these Sisters radiate with!

I don't think enough can be said about this video, about these BEAUTIFUL BRIDES OF CHRIST! :love:

+JMJD

[quote name='DominicanPhilosophy' post='1727619' date='Dec 14 2008, 11:45 AM']I read that, too! I found the blog after the video and it's beautiful as well, to read other peoples' findings of the joy and love and [b]holiness[/b] that these Sisters radiate with!

I don't think enough can be said about this video, about these BEAUTIFUL BRIDES OF CHRIST! :love:

+JMJD[/quote]

Where is that blog? :)

DominicanPhilosophy

I believe this is the link: [url="http://www.saltandlighttv.org/blog/index.php?s=Nashville+Dominicans"]http://www.saltandlighttv.org/blog/index.p...ille+Dominicans[/url]

Ave Maria Totus Tuus, correct me if I'm wrong. ;-)

+JMJD