An Old School Catholic Message Board

Beloved: New Video On Nashville Dominicans

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

Maria Faustina

Oh my goodness...it was soo beautiful! A couple of "my" sisters spoke!!! That was just amazing! The most beautiful part of the movie was when the Sister started to cry at Final Vows!! Ohhh man!!! When my DVD comes, I'm definetly watching it soo many more times!

DominicanPhilosophy

THE most beautiful video EVER.

That satisfies the part of me that longed to see a women's religious life version of "Fishers of Men," lol!

I am so happy that the joy of Christ that the sisters possess and radiate was recognized and caught on tape for the world to see. Theirs is a much-needed (and desired!) witness.

Speechless..

:love:

+JMJD

That was amazing! It was a great reminder of the beauty of religious life. I haven't seen anything like that for a long time.

It was sooo good. And I totally agree about Sister crying at vows! I actually got to watch it with the novitiate and some of the producers, and they all LOVED it, and the S+L people are so sweet.

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

I hope you had a blessed retreat! You might have seen me sitting in the back at Vespers on Friday with my seminarian friend. :)

Hmm, it might be a good idea to play this movie for my family and friends so that they understand some of what I'm going through and what attracts me. One of my protestant friends would be interested in seeing this. Perhaps I could advertise it and show it in the movie viewing room in my residence hall for those who are curious and who knows even inspire a vocation.

Edited by tinytherese

yay! i've caught it on their stream like 2 times and am watching it again right now. i really want my friend to see it and anyone else who is open to religious life. is only the trailer available online? do we need to buy it, or will there be a full online version available for the public sometime? will there be a copyright on it? don't want to violate any laws, even if it's for a good cause..

btw, i think Fishers of Men and this video are the best vocation videos out there. every confirmation student should be required to watch these! every single (unmarried, young adult) Catholic even..

Edited by johnnydigit

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

[quote name='johnnydigit' post='1753214' date='Jan 16 2009, 08:21 PM']yay! i've caught it on their stream like 2 times and am watching it again right now. i really want my friend to see it and anyone else who is open to religious life. is only the trailer available online? do we need to buy it, or will there be a full online version available for the public sometime? will there be a copyright on it? don't want to violate any laws, even if it's for a good cause..

btw, i think Fishers of Men and this video are the best vocation videos out there. every confirmation student should be required to watch these! every single (unmarried, young adult) Catholic even..[/quote]

Only the trailer is online, and I think you can only buy the full version from Salt+Light. I got myself a copy and I know it will be handy to show friends, and especially my parents (eek, not yet!) :)

the lords sheep

Just saw most of it. Absolutely beautiful! It reminded me of why I'm even considering a religious vocation!
God bless Salt and Light for a beautiful production!