An Old School Catholic Message Board

Awesome, Exciting News!

Carmeliteheart726

Carmeliteheart726

I have got some very exciting news! I found a spiritual director! I have been praying for one, and I know that some of you were praying for me to find one. It's been about 6 months since I started the search, all the while, allowing the Holy Spirit to guide me on my vocation path.

I entrusted a worthy priest with hearing my general life Confession, and afterward, let him know that I have been unable to contact the sister that he recommended. I reminded him that she is no longer in contract with his Church, and has since been reassigned. I have tried contacting her through email and phone, and haven't heard anything. So, that's when he offered to be my SD!!!! :banana: :clapping: :dancer1: I know him quite well, and I think he'll make an excellent spiritual director/regular Confessor. I have ended up going to him when I didn't even know it was him in the Confession booth, and everytime, he has given me wonderful advice that has really set me on the right path. This general Confession was made in an appointment, and I decided on him when the receptionist asked me who I wanted. He's not the only wonderful priest I know, but for some reason, I was getting nudged to ask for him. Now I know why!!!! :)

I want to thank all of you for your prayers! The Lord DOES deliver! I'm so happy! God bless you!

Carmeliteheart726

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1728620' date='Dec 15 2008, 04:52 PM']That's great. I hope you have as good a relationship with him that I have with mine.[/quote]

I hope so too! He reminds me a little of St. Padre Pio, without the gruffness (LOL). I love St. Padre Pio.

I forgot to mention that I'm supposed to meet him after the first week in January, after all the Christmas excitement has died down. :)

Edited by Carmeliteheart726

Carmeliteheart726

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1728613' date='Dec 15 2008, 04:50 PM']Praise God! That's wonderful news![/quote]

:D

Carmeliteheart726

[quote name='Mari Therese' post='1728828' date='Dec 15 2008, 07:51 PM']Rock on, I know how hard of a time you had finding one![/quote]

I know, right? LOL. God is so GOOD!!!! What a wonderful CHRIST-Mass present!!!

[quote name='DevotedtoHim' post='1730492' date='Dec 17 2008, 03:13 PM']Congratulations, and God bless!

Katherine[/quote]

Thank you, Katherine!

--I decided to change my posting name. I don't know that I am called to the Carmelites, so I wanted to change it to something universal. :)

Guess what? I just received an email from the Vocation Director in my diocese offering to be my spiritual director, too! Wow! I didn't have any, but now I have 2 available! The Lord does deliver!!! I emailed him back and told him that I found one, but if for some reason the first one cannot do it, I will give him a call. And thanked him, of course. :D