An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Aspirancy

Saint Therese

brandelynmarie

[size=4][b]Laughter is one of the best medicines, so please enjoy! :hehe2:[/b][/size]

[size=4][b]God & Satan In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth and populated the Earth with broccoli, cauliflower and spinach, green and yellow and red vegetables of all kinds, so Man and Woman would live long and healthy lives. Then using God's great gifts, Satan created Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream and Krispy Creme Donuts. And Satan said, "You want chocolate with that?" And Man said, "Yes!" and Woman said, "and as long as you're at it, add some sprinkles." And they gained 10 pounds. And Satan smiled. And God created the healthful yogurt that Woman might keep the figure that Man found so fair. And Satan brought forth white flour from the wheat, and sugar from the cane and combined them. And Woman went from size 6 to size 14. So God said, "Try my fresh green salad." And Satan presented Thousand-Island Dressing, buttery croutons and garlic toast on the side. And Man and Woman unfastened their belts following the repast. God then said, "I have sent you heart healthy vegetables and olive oil in which to cook them." And Satan brought forth deep fried fish and chicken-fried steak so big it needed its own platter. And Man gained more weight and his cholesterol went through the roof. God then created a light, fluffy white cake, named it "Angel Food Cake," and said, "It is good." Satan then created chocolate cake and named it "Devil's Food." God then brought forth running shoes so that His children might lose those extra pounds. And Satan gave cable TV with a remote control so Man would not have to toil changing the channels. And Man and Woman laughed and cried before the flickering blue light and gained pounds. Then God brought forth the potato, naturally low in fat and brimming with nutrition And Satan peeled off the healthful skin and sliced the starchy center into chips and deep-fried them. And Man gained pounds. God then gave lean beef so that Man might consume fewer calories and still satisfy his appetite. And Satan created McDonald's and its 99-cent double cheeseburger. Then said, "You want fries with that?" And Man replied, "Yes! And super size them!" And Satan said, "It is good." And Man went into cardiac arrest. God sighed and created quadruple bypass surgery. Then Satan created HMOs.[/b][/size]

Edited by brandelynmarie

brandelynmarie

I struggle with my weight, too. Prayers please for me as I continue to become more aware & healthier emotionally & lose the excess weigh. :)

HopefulBride

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1317936633' post='2316770']
I struggle with my weight, too. Prayers please for me as I continue to become more aware & healthier emotionally & lose the excess weigh. :)
[/quote]

:nunpray:

HopefulBride

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1317936842' post='2316776']
No, I always wondered how everyone down on Lockport is fairing

Thank you HB!
[/quote]

I do wish they would update their blog....

[b][color=#800000]Have you been put on Ritalin.?[/color][/b]
[b][color=#800000]I understand that helps.[/color][/b]

Yuip. I can't remember the dosage right off hand, but they're slow release. I take 2 in the morning and 1 about 3pm. I cannot believe the difference it's made for me. I can now focus on one thing like a laser beam instead of bouncing around from project to project.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1317935998' post='2316767']
[size=4][b]Laughter is one of the best medicines, so please enjoy! :hehe2:[/b][/size]

[size=4][b]God & Satan In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth and populated the Earth with broccoli, cauliflower and spinach, green and yellow and red vegetables of all kinds, so Man and Woman would live long and healthy lives. Then using God's great gifts, Satan created Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream and Krispy Creme Donuts. And Satan said, "You want chocolate with that?" And Man said, "Yes!" and Woman said, "and as long as you're at it, add some sprinkles." And they gained 10 pounds. And Satan smiled. And God created the healthful yogurt that Woman might keep the figure that Man found so fair. And Satan brought forth white flour from the wheat, and sugar from the cane and combined them. And Woman went from size 6 to size 14. So God said, "Try my fresh green salad." And Satan presented Thousand-Island Dressing, buttery croutons and garlic toast on the side. And Man and Woman unfastened their belts following the repast. God then said, "I have sent you heart healthy vegetables and olive oil in which to cook them." And Satan brought forth deep fried fish and chicken-fried steak so big it needed its own platter. And Man gained more weight and his cholesterol went through the roof. God then created a light, fluffy white cake, named it "Angel Food Cake," and said, "It is good." Satan then created chocolate cake and named it "Devil's Food." God then brought forth running shoes so that His children might lose those extra pounds. And Satan gave cable TV with a remote control so Man would not have to toil changing the channels. And Man and Woman laughed and cried before the flickering blue light and gained pounds. Then God brought forth the potato, naturally low in fat and brimming with nutrition And Satan peeled off the healthful skin and sliced the starchy center into chips and deep-fried them. And Man gained pounds. God then gave lean beef so that Man might consume fewer calories and still satisfy his appetite. And Satan created McDonald's and its 99-cent double cheeseburger. Then said, "You want fries with that?" And Man replied, "Yes! And super size them!" And Satan said, "It is good." And Man went into cardiac arrest. God sighed and created quadruple bypass surgery. Then Satan created HMOs.[/b][/size]
[/quote]

rotfl

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1317936892' post='2316778']

I do wish they would update their blog....
[/quote]

I do, too. ;)

InPersonaChriste

I am so happy for you! And just as encouragement: dont be discouraged if you dont lose weight really fast, take heart in God's will, if he wants you to be there it will happen!

Sorry If i come off as anything but caring..
I just had my wisdom teeth out and I am sort of hiped up on pain medication.

brandelynmarie

You came across as caring. :console: No worries about the pain meds making you sound anything less than that! ;).

sistersintigo

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1317936088' post='2316768']Anyone heard from Saint Therese? the OP of this thread?[/quote]

HB, you probably already know this/have this link.
For the rest of us, look at this thread for the last update that Phatmass reported after the OP entered the monastery.
[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/105116-update-on-lockport-dominicans-website/"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/105116-update-on-lockport-dominicans-website/[/url]

HopefulBride

[quote name='sistersintigo' timestamp='1318016384' post='2317575']

HB, you probably already know this/have this link.
For the rest of us, look at this thread for the last update that Phatmass reported after the OP entered the monastery.
[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/105116-update-on-lockport-dominicans-website/"]http://www.phatmass....nicans-website/[/url]
[/quote]

That is wonderful!

The comments on weight struck a very raw nerve with me. Everyone in my family was overweight - I was almost 90 lbs. overweight - on a 5'1" frame. That changed when my mom was diagnosed with diabetes and her doctor told her she had to change her eating habits or else. So she and my dad started eating healthy and exercising and are now down to normal and healthy weights. That did not make me change my eating habits, which I always tried to blame on something else - stress, work, school, moving - anything but the real reason - I just loved to eat sweets. I began to discern a religious vocation and one of the first things that popped into my head was "how can I be a fat nun?" What would that say about my commitment to poverty? I wouldn't lose weight because I saw what it was dong to my parents, but I did "get religion" when I considered what people would think about an obese nun. Now I am down to a normal weight and have just begun discerning in earnest - something I did not feel ready to do what I was overweight - I would have been very self-conscious visiting a convent before I lost the pounds. I know you are going to say that no one cares what a person looks like - it's what's inside that counts. Intellectually, I know that's true. But I just couldn't stand the thought of people seeing me in a habit and judging me if I was fat. Maybe this was God's way of getting me to be healthy - and I'm sure glad I did it - whatever the reason, but I put off actually writing to any communities or visiting until I had lost my excess weight.

brandelynmarie

How wonderful Emma! Congratulations! :) I am working on losing weight & am hoping to visit a couple of communities in the Spring or Summer. For now, I am limiting my intake of sugar & processed wheat products & dairy. I've upped my intake of fruits & veg & do eat soy dairy products as well as rice & rice products. I am viewing this as temporary... eating like this to heal myself. I am in more control over what I eat & how much I eat now. I am learning to eat when I am hungry & to stop when I am full. When any strong emotions come up, I let myself experience them & I ask God to help me deal with them & to continue to heal me.

(I am a big fan of Ezekiel Bread. It's a sprouted whole grain bread that is actually a complete protein & it's delicious!)

I'm actually overweight as well. As a teenager, I suffered with a very poor body image and it had to do with my depression. There are days where I still have issues, but for the most part, I've worked past it. Much of the weight gain was attributed to being on an antidepressant that caused increased appetite. I would constantly be snacking for no reason at all. Now that I've been off it for several years, I definitely see a difference, but there are still some things I am working out with my counselor and one is emotional eating. Getting involved in Church ministry has been a HUGE help for me, especially CRHP, because I have many friends now and am no longer lonely. I am also much more pro-active in my school work and seeing that "A" on my report card from last semester helped a great deal.

I am hoping to lose weight before I enter a religious community. :)

Edited because when I type a. lot, it comes out alot. <_<

Edited by MaterMisericordiae