An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Aspirancy

Saint Therese

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1318294758' post='2319434']
:) Wonderful. We must keep trying to be faithful to the stirrings of the Holy Spirit.
[/quote]

My CRHP meeting is tomorrow night. I always look forward to Tuesday nights, now. I'm giving my autobiography presentation to my CRHP sisters, so please pray for me! :)

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1318424025' post='2320076']
So how did it go???? :bounce: (If you posted about it elsewhere, please direct me to it :hehe:)
[/quote]

I actually didn't post about it yet because I was so tired last night when I got home. I only got 3 hours sleep the night before so I laid down to take a nap and ended up sleeping until 4:30 this morning. It was good that I slept through the night because I had planned to go to Confession this morning and I got up in plenty of time since Confession is at 9am. :)

But anyway, about the CRHP meeting. I read my 7 page autobiography. I was the second one to give the presentation and I think it took about 25-30 minutes to finish the whole thing. I honestly thought I would get emotional when I was talking about my depression and the Holy Spirit bringing me back into the Church in 2007. I was crying a little when I wrote it, so expected to cry again. However, I had many good stories to tell during those 30 minutes so the heaviness wasn't felt as much and it ended on a very high note with my discernment story up to this point. Many of the ladies affirmed that I was definitely showing signs of being at peace and that God seems to be leading me to the Sisters I am visiting (I told them about the random signals that I didn't pray for and wasn't purposefully looking for but found). God, in His abounding mercy, has given me such wonderful women to be my sisters in Christ. In about a month, we will be doing a discernment meeting to pray for guidance about which roles the Holy Spirit wants us to take for the next weekend in March 2012. I believe that I am called to give a witness to the women, but I then have to discern whether or not to be a team leader or a co-spiritual director. I'm leaning more towards team leader. ;)

brandelynmarie

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1318438743' post='2320193']
. Many of the ladies affirmed that I was definitely showing signs of being at peace and that God seems to be leading me to the Sisters I am visiting (I told them about the random signals that I didn't pray for and wasn't purposefully looking for but found). [/quote]

I am so glad that it turned out well for you! :) The whole signs thing is tricky, isn't? But somewhere on here nunsense mentioned connecting the dots by looking back...seeing the signs & experiences in retrospect as to how God has led you to this place...right here, right now. I think this is best. Not seeking them, but finding them! :hehe:

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1318471321' post='2320420']

I am so glad that it turned out well for you! :) The whole signs thing is tricky, isn't? But somewhere on here nunsense mentioned connecting the dots by looking back...seeing the signs & experiences in retrospect as to how God has led you to this place...right here, right now. I think this is best. Not seeking them, but finding them! :hehe:
[/quote]

It's just wierd how out of the blue this stuff happens. The last thing happened today. I was in line, waiting to go to Confession at Church and just happened to look at the stained glass windows. I hardly ever sit on that side (the choir side; I usualy sit opposite) so I had forgotten that the windows had the Beatitudes on them. I just happened to look at this one out of all the others:

[b][i]Blessed are the merciful, for they shall be shown mercy.[/i][/b]

I first went :blink: and then had a chuckle. This seems to be such a normal occurrence lately. The day before last, I was passing by a Baptist church and they had a sign talking about God's mercy. Mercy, mercy, mercy... it's everywhere! :hehe2:

ETA: Ok, I know how to spell, but everytime I submit a post, it changes it to the wrong spelling of w.eird and u.sually) <_<

Edited by MaterMisericordiae