attingens a fine usque ad finem,
fortiter suaviterque disponens omnia:
veni ad docendum nos viam prudentiae.[/quote]

[quote]O Wisdom, coming forth from the mouth of the Most High,
reaching from one end to the other,
mightily and sweetly ordering all things:
Come to teach us the way of prudence.[/quote]

:saint:

[quote name='Didacus' post='1733715' date='Dec 22 2008, 08:27 AM']:saint:[/quote]

Thanks Didacus...I love the O Antiphons and not just because I was born on the date they start.

I didn't know about them till I began praying Vespers...then I wished my parents had named me as "Wisdom"....but the Greek form....I'd love Sophia, not sure I'd like walking around as Sapientia (other then here of course).

Pax

My baby neice is named Sophia, but she was born in May. It's one of the most popular girls' names in the US for babies these days, so you will likely be meeting a lot more of them in the coming years ;).

I want to wish you a happy belated birthday! I wish more people knew about the O Antiphons. They are awesome, but almost never mentioned outside of singing 'O Come O Come Emmanuel.'

(And I am in my late 20's, so way too young to be complaining about aches and pains...but also too young to understand about anyone else's aches or pains, either ;))

Edited by MithLuin

I'm 35 myself.

The best thing about being 35 is you get to patronize the young and still make fun of the old.

(see, comments like that is why I'm going to purgatory :weep: )

[quote name='MithLuin' post='1733805' date='Dec 22 2008, 11:53 AM']My baby neice is named Sophia, but she was born in May. It's one of the most popular girls' names in the US for babies these days, so you will likely be meeting a lot more of them in the coming years ;).

I want to wish you a happy belated birthday! I wish more people knew about the O Antiphons. They are awesome, but almost never mentioned outside of singing 'O Come O Come Emmanuel.'

(And I am in my late 20's, so way too young to be complaining about aches and pains...but also too young to understand about anyone else's aches or pains, either ;))[/quote]

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Pax