An Old School Catholic Message Board

Praten Over Roepingen

puellapaschalis

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1753054' date='Jan 16 2009, 11:40 PM']Heilige is, denk ik, meer van een titel: de Heilige Augustinus, bijv. Sint is meer een deel van iemands naam: 'ja, ik was gister met sint Augustinus aan het kletsen.....'

Denk ik :wacko:[/quote]

Je kunt ze min of meer door elkaar gebruiken. Als je het over "De St.-Jan" hebt is het bijna altijd een kerk, en voor de rest is het inderdaad meer titel en naam-achtig, maar het is geen keiharde regel.

Every time someone compares our language to German Harry Mulisch kills a kitten :(

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1753054' date='Jan 16 2009, 04:40 PM']Heilige is, denk ik, meer van een titel: de Heilige Augustinus, bijv. Sint is meer een deel van iemands naam: 'ja, ik was gister met sint Augustinus aan het kletsen.....'

Denk ik :wacko:[/quote]

So what are dutch pronunciation rules? is "ei" pronounced like a long "i" and "ie" like a long "e"? A j is a y sound, I am assuming...

puellapaschalis

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1753060' date='Jan 16 2009, 11:49 PM']So what are dutch pronunciation rules? is "ei" pronounced like a long "i" and "ie" like a long "e"? A j is a y sound, I am assuming...[/quote]

Lees maar wat VA zei over het zeggen dat nederlands en duits "gewoon het zelfde" zijn. Zo maak je echt geen vrienden hoor...

En nederlands uitspraak is wel anders dan duits.

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1753060' date='Jan 16 2009, 11:49 PM']So what are dutch pronunciation rules? is "ei" pronounced like a long "i" and "ie" like a long "e"? A j is a y sound, I am assuming...[/quote]

The problem is, I [i]want[/i] to answer this but every time I get confused.

"ie" is more or less like the ee in eel (but pointier). Actually it's like the second i in pointier!

"ei" is pronounced the same way as "ij", and there's no real English equivalent for it, although it's a bit like the i in I.

English speakers can't hear the difference between the ui and eu while they're as dissimilar as day and night!

PP is much better at this.

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1754602' date='Jan 18 2009, 06:53 PM']The problem is, I [i]want[/i] to answer this but every time I get confused.

"ie" is more or less like the ee in eel (but pointier). Actually it's like the second i in pointier!

"ei" is pronounced the same way as "ij", and there's no real English equivalent for it, although it's a bit like the i in I.

English speakers can't hear the difference between the ui and eu while they're as dissimilar as day and night!

PP is much better at this.[/quote]

I could probably hear the difference... I speak German, and dutch is a lot like the north-western German dialect...

puellapaschalis

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1754613' date='Jan 19 2009, 02:05 AM']I could probably hear the difference... I speak German, and dutch is a lot like the north-western German dialect...[/quote]

De taalwetenschapper met wat kennis over de geschiedenis van de ontwikkeling van de germanische talen binnen me weent als ze dit leest...

Over uitspraak: google maar, zou ik zeggen. En VERGEET NOU NIET dat er net zo veel verschillende Nederlandse accenten zijn als bij iedere taal. Ja, inclusief het Duits.

Tja sorry maar zo'n mening vind ik enigzins stom en irritant :annoyed:

En dit topic gaat nou maar weinig over roepingen lol :lol_roll:

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1754613' date='Jan 19 2009, 02:05 AM']I could probably hear the difference... I speak German, and dutch is a lot like the north-western German dialect...[/quote]

A friend of mine has been living here for five years, and can't hear the difference :)

I am from the west of the country (like, 5km from the coast), and I can't understand some people from the "far east", 100 miles away, against the German border (yes, we're HUGE). They speak something different from German and I speak the Dutch equivalent of BBC English, so there is actually quite a difference. PP knows how this works because she's, you know, a linguist who's studied Dutch and German (but I'm a physicist and don't understand anything she says about it :) ).

And please... there was this time not too long ago when we were actually [i]part of Germany[/i] which we didn't like much, so it's a bit sensitive, okay?

Actually, I think German is a far prettier language than Dutch (don't tell anyone :ninja:). Not so much in the pronunciation as in the... way of saying things. It's very poetic.

To get back on topic ;) shall we compile a list of congregations from .nl ?

There are:
the Missionaries of Steyl (http://www.steyler.org/): male and female branch
the [url="http://www.kloostercenakel.nl/code/herkomst-kloosters.htm"]Holy Spirit Adoration Sisters[/url] (Pink Sisters) are the contemplative branch of the Missionaries.
The [url="http://www.carmeldcj.nl/"]Carmelites DCJ[/url] were also founded here, and the Motherhouse is still in Sittard.

There are loads of smaller congregations that aren't international, of course, and I'm sure I missed a few...

From the top of my head, international orders and congregations with a presence in the Netherlands are:
Poor Clares
Poor Clare Colletines
Sisters of St. Francis of the Martyr St. George
Capuchins
Franciscans Minor
Carmelites (male)
Discalced Carmelites (Female, cloistered)
Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matara (both apostolic and cloistered)
OP's (active female, male, and Sisters of Bethany)
Missionaries of Charity
Jesuits
Augustinians (nuns, friars, and active sisters)
Benedictines (nuns and monks)
Benedictines of Perpetual Adoration (nuns)
Trapptists (nuns and monks)
Norbertines (canons and canonesses)

I know I missed a bunch, especially newer ones from the Philippines and India and such.
Help maar mee :)

• 3 months later...

Ff een schopje omhoog :clap:... Goh ben ff benieuwd wat jullie zoal hier brengen? Waar komen jullie zoal vandaan? Ik kom uit Obdam.

Het is wel een gemis om in NL geen mooie site zoals dit te hebben... :(

Edited by Muus

puellapaschalis

Er is wel een Nederlandstalig forum voor Katholieken, hoor ;) VA en ik zitten erop! :)

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1866982' date='May 14 2009, 03:59 AM']Er is wel een Nederlandstalig forum voor Katholieken, hoor ;) VA en ik zitten erop! :)[/quote]
Je bedoelt vast JongKatholiek of rorate?

puellapaschalis

[quote name='Muus' post='1867101' date='May 14 2009, 04:03 PM']Je bedoelt vast JongKatholiek of rorate?[/quote]

Nee, credimus.