An Old School Catholic Message Board

Happy Feast Of St. Thomas!

the lords sheep

the lords sheep

To all Dominicans at heart (or those who like philosophy, or the Eucharist, or just this great Doctor of the Church)!!

[quote name='Maria Faustina' post='1765235' date='Jan 28 2009, 10:49 PM']Saint Thomas is a beast!
and that's a very good thing :)[/quote]

:lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll:

Rock on St. Thomas Aquinas!

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1765261' date='Jan 29 2009, 12:21 AM']:lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll:

Rock on St. Thomas Aquinas![/quote]

A novice mistress once told me this story about St. Thomas. After a full day of working on the Summa, Thomas would go up close to the Tabernacle and lay his head down and say "Jesus, did I speak well of you today?" It's said that Jesus would answer: "Yes, Thomas you spoke well of me today".

I just love the stories of the many and varied intimate ways in which the saints talked to Jesus.

What a great cloud of witnessess we have. Happy belated feast day to all the Thomas' out there.

Pax

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='osapientia' post='1765670' date='Jan 29 2009, 06:45 PM']A novice mistress once told me this story about St. Thomas. After a full day of working on the Summa, Thomas would go up close to the Tabernacle and lay his head down and say "Jesus, did I speak well of you today?" It's said that Jesus would answer: "Yes, Thomas you spoke well of me today".[/quote]

That is [i]so sweet[/i].

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1765716' date='Jan 29 2009, 02:06 PM']That is [i]so sweet[/i].[/quote]

I think that is one of my favorite saint stories. It is SO sweet and simple and pure. Imagine St. Thomas saw his writing of the Summa as "speaking well of Jesus".

Can anyone say humble?????

puellapaschalis

It strikes me as something I should do at the end of every day, regardless of whether or not I've been working on arguably the best work of Catholic theology of all time.

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1765731' date='Jan 29 2009, 02:44 PM']It strikes me as something I should do at the end of every day, regardless of whether or not I've been working on arguably the best work of Catholic theology of all time.[/quote]

AMEN. Would that we all might do so.

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1765731' date='Jan 29 2009, 01:44 PM']It strikes me as something I should do at the end of every day, regardless of whether or not I've been working on arguably the best work of Catholic theology of all time.[/quote]

WHAT'S "ARGUABLE" ABOUT IT?!?! (But that's just my opinion :lol_roll: )

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Luigi' post='1766526' date='Jan 30 2009, 07:24 AM']WHAT'S "ARGUABLE" ABOUT IT?!?! (But that's just my opinion :lol_roll: )[/quote]

1. The End Times haven't come yet.
2. He didn't agree :)

puellapaschalis

[quote name='Luigi' post='1766526' date='Jan 30 2009, 07:24 AM']WHAT'S "ARGUABLE" ABOUT IT?!?! (But that's just my opinion :lol_roll: )[/quote]

That word was there as a caveat because as normal I had no idea what I was talking about.