An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cath's Corner

CatherineM

What's the point of being a fount of worthless information, if I can't share it with everyone. After a phone call with my husband this afternoon, I decided to start posting at least one household hint everyday. He had an ink pen leak in the pocket of one of his new dress shirts this afternoon, and wanted to call to warn me. I asked him to stop on the way home and pick up a can of very cheap hair spray. He thought I wanted it to burn his face off. Actually cheap hair spray and an old toothbrush is a great way to get ink out of any fabric. Soak it with hair spray, and it will scrub right out. I also threatened to make him wear a nerdy pocket protector if it happens again.

Feel free to post your own hints, about anything. I can literally talk non-stop on any topic, as if you guys didn't know that already.

[quote name='Nadezhda' post='1764875' date='Jan 28 2009, 04:39 PM']Is there anything you can't do?[/quote]

I can not run, I can not ski, I pretty much can't do anything seriously physical.

I am the product of elderly parents. My mom had grown up on a farm, and my dad had been to spy school, so between them, I learned lots of stuff my friends didn't.

Next hint since I'm getting ready to do it, cleaning microwaves. Put a coffee cup half full of water in the microwave (don't forget the water) and heat on high for 5-10 minutes depending on your microwave until the water boils for a bit. Let it sit for a minute or two, and then you can just wipe all the encrusted stuff out of your microwave with a sponge. If you have some stains, put a tablespoon of white vinegar in the cup with the water.

eagle_eye222001

Dad was in spy school?

:smokey: COOL! :woot:

SO was a he more of a Jason Bourne or a James Bond type of agent?
----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/nickelback/track/throw+yourself+away"]Nickelback - Throw Yourself Away[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1764885' date='Jan 28 2009, 03:56 PM']Hope so, cause I have a very short attention span.[/quote]

:lol:

you're cool

missionseeker

I so told Jason about the hairspray the other day (works great for berries and grapes too. lol) Idk if he believed me.

And I knew about microwaves, in fact.. I taught the boys at my old school how to clean them! LOL.

It makes me feel special that I know this. :hehe:
[url="http://www.amazon.com/Home-Comforts-Science-Keeping-House/dp/068481465X"]This is my most favourite book ever. <3 lol[/url]

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1765034' date='Jan 28 2009, 08:07 PM']Dad was in spy school?

SO was a he more of a Jason Bourne or a James Bond type of agent?[/quote]

He was OSS in WWII. He had been a radio operator/side gunner in Air Corps. They were looking for radio operators who were really quick, and had a distinctive "hand." There's a way of recognizing someone's Morse Code kind of like an accent. That could be important when you couldn't send stuff in code, or to verify who was really sending the message. He made two jumps behind enemy lines. He'd already made two jumps before that, one from a plane with engine trouble over North Carolina, and once shot out of the sky over the Med. Where he went is still classified, and will be until 2044. He was captured during the second mission, tortured, then escaped. Don't know from where, but he lost most of his teeth.

He taught me some cool stuff like how to kill someone quickly in a way they won't make a sound. That resulted in my first conference (of many) with the principal and my parents.

[quote name='missionseeker' post='1765102' date='Jan 28 2009, 08:39 PM'][url="http://www.amazon.com/Home-Comforts-Science-Keeping-House/dp/068481465X"]This is my most favourite book ever. <3 lol[/url][/quote]

That has sold a bunch of copies. So have a lot of Martha Stewart books simply because the generation that came after women jumped into the work force, didn't learn stuff from watching their moms do it. My oldest was the only kid in his boot camp class who already knew how to polish shoes.

Saint Therese

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1765106' date='Jan 28 2009, 09:43 PM']He taught me some cool stuff like how to kill someone quickly in a way they won't make a sound. That resulted in my first conference (of many) with the principal and my parents.[/quote]

What, everyone doesn't know this? :unsure: