An Old School Catholic Message Board

First, The Seminaries... Now, The Convents: The Visitation Returns

cmotherofpirl

cmotherofpirl

[url="http://whispersintheloggia.blogspot.com/2009/01/first-seminaries-now-convents.html"]http://whispersintheloggia.blogspot.com/20...w-convents.html[/url]

:clap: :clap: :clap:

DiscerningSoul

Does that mean the Visitations are comming to CT?
It's neat to see how God is working in my life, because my SD wants me to write to the Visistations, because I feel drawn there.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='DiscerningSoul' post='1767364' date='Jan 31 2009, 01:07 AM']Does that mean the Visitations are comming to CT?
It's neat to see how God is working in my life, because my SD wants me to write to the Visistations, because I feel drawn there.[/quote]
Sounds like they are going everywhere! Praise God!!!

puellapaschalis

Um, no, I don't think so.

The article is about an Apostolic Visitation of all (how are they going to manage that?!) religious houses in the USA. It's not about the Visitation Order.

About the subject matter of the article itself - it will take ages! But maybe they'll actually be able to DO something about the Benedictines in Erie... :pray:

the lords sheep

Yes, I hope that it will help many of our wonderful religious orders that have felt abandoned by Holy Mother Church and have thus stopped adhering to her doctrine. There are so many beautiful charisms and beautiful souls that have just gone astray.
[url="http://www.apostolicvisitation.org/en/index.html"]Here is the website for the apostolic visitation[/url] to be conducted in the US. Her goal is to be finished by 2011, but she has no official time frame. It seems that most of the visitation will be conducted through speaking with various communities, although some on site visits are planned.
May God bless this work and may it be fruitful for the religious life in the US!

puellapaschalis

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1767735' date='Jan 31 2009, 10:12 PM']Yes, I hope that it will help many of our wonderful religious orders that have felt abandoned by Holy Mother Church and have thus stopped adhering to her doctrine.[/quote]

Would you say that orders and congregations go astray because they "feel abandoned" by the Church? What do you mean by that? I'm intrigued :)

VeniteAdoremus

The Apostolic Visitation report for the seminaries was totally brilliant. I hope, hope, hope that the convents will listen...

the lords sheep

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1767770' date='Jan 31 2009, 10:58 PM']Would you say that orders and congregations go astray because they "feel abandoned" by the Church? What do you mean by that? I'm intrigued :)[/quote]

I should clarify. I do think that I number of religious orders have felt abandoned by the Church, but I don't know that all of those feelings are justified. I should also clarify that I haven't researched this extensively, it is my opinion based on conversations with many of these Sisters and from reading their websites and articles.

Many of the religious orders who have gone "off the deep end" so to speak are the same ones who, following VCII, were left to their own accords to define their charisms. The problem was, because of some poor formation, these orders were in the hands of women superiours who had bought into the ideas of the time and who didn't necessarily understand the role of women in the church. They acted, doing what they thought was best for their communities, but without fully realizing that they were moving away from the Magisterium.

Fast forward to today, where many have, in the name of progressive theology and because they have been so misled in what their role is as women religious, moved even further away from the Magisterium: advocating for women priests, not praying the LOTH and instead using buddhist meditation and Reikei, etc. They feel that the attempts made by Holy Mother Church to bring them back to the fold (encourage them to wear habits, reorient them with the beauty of the liturgy and the Eucharist, etc) have been attacks on their misguided "renewals" of their charism. They feel abandoned, but this feeling is not necessarily justified.
Still, I hope that the visitation and the attempt to reach out to them by the Holy See will be received lovingly and will let them know that Holy Mother Church values them and acknowledges their contribution to the Church, and that she desires them to be fully in her fold.

I don't know if that adequately explains my thought process, but it will do for now.

In Christ,
Lauren

[quote name='DiscerningSoul' post='1767364' date='Jan 31 2009, 01:07 AM']Does that mean the Visitations are comming to CT?
It's neat to see how God is working in my life, because my SD wants me to write to the Visistations, because I feel drawn there.[/quote]

Just windering, DS - have you ever read the letters of St. Francis De Sales and St. Jane De Chantal? They are absolutely amazing and would give you a very good "feel" for the spirituality of the Visitandines. If you are in CT, you are not terribly far from the Visitandine Monastery in MA...have you visited them?

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1768437' date='Feb 1 2009, 09:54 AM']The Apostolic Visitation report for the seminaries was totally brilliant. I hope, hope, hope that the convents will listen...[/quote]
I have yet to read the Seminary Report in its completion. And I have mixed feelings about what I did read. I should add that I lived through it and was one of the first seminaries visited in the US. Needless to say, the secular media had a field day putting their own particular spin on the event.

As for this visitation- I actually know (have met but don't actually know know) [b][url="http://www.ascjus.org/news/detail.asp?pageaction=ViewSinglePublic&LinkID=1300&ModuleID=162"]Mother Clare[/url] [/b]as she is the Mother General of my community-to-be. :lol_roll:

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='shortnun' post='1769181' date='Feb 2 2009, 06:19 AM']I have yet to read the Seminary Report in its completion. And I have mixed feelings about what I did read. I should add that I lived through it and was one of the first seminaries visited in the US. Needless to say, the secular media had a field day putting their own particular spin on the event.

As for this visitation- I actually know (have met but don't actually know know) [b][url="http://www.ascjus.org/news/detail.asp?pageaction=ViewSinglePublic&LinkID=1300&ModuleID=162"]Mother Clare[/url] [/b]as she is the Mother General of my community-to-be. :lol_roll:[/quote]

Yes, I was thinking you'd at least know of her, even though she's probably in Rome most of the time :)

I don't know anything about the seminaries in the US, so I couldn't comment on the accuracy of the report. But it makes good points for seminaries all over, and does it in a way that makes me happy to be part of the Church.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1767467' date='Jan 31 2009, 05:34 AM']Um, no, I don't think so.

The article is about an Apostolic Visitation of all (how are they going to manage that?!) religious houses in the USA. It's not about the Visitation Order.

About the subject matter of the article itself - it will take ages! But maybe they'll actually be able to DO something about the Benedictines in Erie... :pray:[/quote]
Dear God, pretty please!!!!

There is a Visitation Monastery in Tyringham, MA, not too far from you at all. A lovely community. :)
[url="http://www.vistyr.org/"]http://www.vistyr.org/[/url]