An Old School Catholic Message Board

On Being Fidgety

puellapaschalis

puellapaschalis
:ninja:

[b]Ad te ergo, nun mihi sermo dirigitur, quisquis abrenuntians propriis voluntatiobus, Domino Christo vero Regi militaturus, oboedientiae fortissima atque praeclara arma sumis.

To you therefore, my words are now addressed, whoever you are, that through renouncing your own will you may fight for the Lord Christ, the true king, by taking up the strong and bright weapons of obedience. :sword: [/b]

St. B rocks :notworthy:

I'm just a wee bit frustrated at the moment because there are, seemingly, so many things between now and entering (Deo volente). And whilst I know that they are perfectly surmountable, with the help of the saints' intercessions and some good ol' hard graft from me...arrgh! Just please make all this go away, pick me up and plomp me down in that cloister with a postulant veil on my head.

Please? :pray: :yes:

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1774167' date='Feb 6 2009, 07:05 PM']:ninja:

[b]Ad te ergo, nun mihi sermo dirigitur, quisquis abrenuntians propriis voluntatiobus, Domino Christo vero Regi militaturus, oboedientiae fortissima atque praeclara arma sumis.

To you therefore, my words are now addressed, whoever you are, that through renouncing your own will you may fight for the Lord Christ, the true king, by taking up the strong and bright weapons of obedience. :sword: [/b]

I'm just a wee bit frustrated at the moment because there are, seemingly, so many things between now and entering (Deo volente). And whilst I know that they are perfectly surmountable, with the help of the saints' intercessions and some good ol' hard graft from me...arrgh! Just please make all this go away, pick me up and plomp me down in that cloister with a postulant veil on my head.

Please? :pray: :yes:[/quote]

Oh PUELLA, wouldn't that be NICE. If it were in my power to do, I'd do it for you. I know how it feels.

Are you close to your entrance date?

Pax

puellapaschalis

[quote name='osapientia' post='1774168' date='Feb 7 2009, 01:08 AM']Oh PUELLA, wouldn't that be NICE. If it were in my power to do, I'd do it for you. I know how it feels.

Are you close to your entrance date?

Pax[/quote]

It'd be freakin' BRILLIANT is what it would be! :whistle:

No, not really - I still have another visit to go. And I have to :graduate: grrrrrrrrrr. Oh, it's up to me to get everything finished off, and then I'll have student loans for the Saints to flex their prayer muscles on.

This is such a strange place. At no point has everything seemed so clear, so confusing, so dreary and yet so exciting all at the same time as it does now. It's astonishing to look at the person I was six months, a year, two years or longer ago and see what has changed (Deo gratias for spiritual directors).

Just...like...arrrrrgh.

Oh yea - this was going to be a thread where I ask everyone's prayers to help me finish my degree! :lol_roll: I'm so easily distracted :unsure:

puellapaschalis

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1774167' date='Feb 7 2009, 01:05 AM'][b]Ad te ergo, nun mihi sermo dirigitur....[/b][/quote]

[b]NUNC[/b]

My typing skills are appalling :getaclue:

puellapaschalis

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1774194' date='Feb 7 2009, 02:10 AM']Nothing wrong with nun mihi.[/quote]

Other than that I'm misquoting [Our] Holy Father Benedict, you mean?

A friend of mine would holler at me all the way from Austria if she found out about that.

Dear PP,

I know it is frustrating, as I'm experiencing the same things. The Novice Mistress told me that the devil will rattle your cage before entrance, it happens to everyone. I have so many obstacles. I offered God my will, because I am so small and can do nothing on my own. I told him that if he is going to be the my head, that he will have to take care of everything. So far, he has plucked huge the obstacle of my student loan from my midst. I fully trust and have confidence that he will remove the other things that are in my way. You'll get there sooner than you think. ;)

~little mt

puellapaschalis

[quote name='Mari Therese' post='1774243' date='Feb 7 2009, 03:06 AM']Dear PP,

I know it is frustrating, as I'm experiencing the same things. The Novice Mistress told me that the devil will rattle your cage before entrance, it happens to everyone. I have so many obstacles. I offered God my will, because I am so small and can do nothing on my own. I told him that if he is going to be the my head, that he will have to take care of everything. So far, he has plucked huge the obstacle of my student loan from my midst. I fully trust and have confidence that he will remove the other things that are in my way. You'll get there sooner than you think. ;)

~little mt[/quote]

Yes, a few months ago (after my last visit) I decided to just stop fretting about the student loan and get on with :graduate: 'ing. But then there's still :graduate: 'ing itself - and that will take lots of prayer and work from me. However, one day it did occur to me that because I'm letting God take care of the debt, and "all I need to do" is get the MA out of the way..ieks! Then it can happen very quickly indeed. Which in one way is wonderful and in another is terrifying; I've spent so long sitting on my thumbs worrying about the debt that it paralyzed me.

I was never this motivated to finish my first degree, and yet this is so much harder.

[quote name='missionseeker' post='1774349' date='Feb 7 2009, 05:16 AM']:grouphug:

I just gave a presentation on Saint Benedict last night! :) He rocks

God bless you! Prayers for you![/quote]

St. B does indeed rock. Not just my socks but a great deal other things too ;) Thank you so much for your prayers.

In The Arms of The Lord

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1774167' date='Feb 6 2009, 08:05 PM']:ninja:

Please? :pray: :yes:[/quote]

I will surely keep a prayer in my heart for you :). I know how you are feeling on that level, I have to wait some time to be able to enter the monastery. I will be confirmed in the Church April 11th (Holy Saturday.) Everyday i'm filled with so much longing and desire for the Lord that the burning in my heart is so much overwhelming. How I long to give myself to Him in the most deepest and intimate way that one can give to someone. Everyday I know He gives Himself to me in that beautiful way. How I wish to give Him [b][u]everything[/u][/b] that He so desires from me.

I know He is patient, and we must also be. Everything will happen when He says it's time. His time is always right and perfect. I will take one day at a time, live for this day, and give Him all that I have to offer on this day that He has given me. No day is ever the same.

I pray that He will give you the patience you need and everything else you need to accomplish His perfect and holy will! May He hold you always close to Him. :love:

Your sister in Christ,
Moriah.

Edited by In The Arms of The Lord

AccountDeleted

This was posted a long time ago but I thought that it might be needed again here. It is always relevant for me!!!

[u][b]WAIT[/b][/u]

[i]I will wait upon the LORD. (Isaiah 8:17, KJV)[/i]

Desperate and helpless and longing I cried;
Patiently, lovingly my Lord replied.
I pled and I wept for a clue to my fate,
And the Master so gently said, "Child, you must wait."

Wait? You said, "wait"? My indignant reply.
Lord, I need answers. I need to know why!
Is Your hand shortened? Or have You not heard?
By faith I have asked and am claiming Your Word.
My future and all to which I can relate
Hangs in the balance, and you tell me "wait"?

I'm needing a "yes," a go-ahead sign
Or even a "no" to which I can resign.
And, Lord, You promised that if we believe
We need but to ask and we shall receive.
And Lord, I've been asking and this is my cry;
I'm weary of asking! I need a reply!

Then quietly, softly, I learned of my fate
As my Master replied once again, "You must wait."
So I slumped in my chair, defeated and taut
And grumbled to God, "So I'm waiting -- for what?"

He seemed then to kneel and His eyes wept with mine,
And tenderly said, "I could give you a sign.
I could shake the heavens and darken the sun.
I could raise the dead, cause the mountains to run.
All you seek, I could give and pleased you would be.
You would have what you want -- but you wouldn't know Me.

You'd not know the depth of my love for each saint;
You'd not know the power that I give to the faint;
You'd not learn to see through the clouds of despair
You'd not learn to trust just by knowing I'm there;
You'd not know the joy of resting in Me --
When darkness and silence were all you could see;
You'd never experience that fullness of love
As the peace of My Spirit descends like a dove;

You'd know that I give and I save (for a start),
But you'd not know the depth of the beat of My heart,
The glow of My comfort late in the night,
The faith that I give when you walk without sight,
The depth that's beyond getting just what you asked
Of an infinite God, who makes what you have last.
And you'd never know, should your pain quickly flee,
What it means that 'My grace is sufficient for thee.'

Yes, your dreams for that loved one overnight might come true,
But oh, the loss! If I lost what I'm doing in you!
So be silent, My child and in time you will see
That the greatest of gifts is to get to know Me.
And tho' oft My answers seem terribly late,
My most precious answer of all is still, 'WAIT.'"

Elizabeth Elliot
==========

My prayers are with all who are waiting to realize their vocations :pray:

In The Arms of The Lord

[quote name='nunsense' post='1775211' date='Feb 7 2009, 06:13 PM']This was posted a long time ago but I thought that it might be needed again here. It is always relevant for me!!!

[u][b]WAIT[/b][/u]

[i]I will wait upon the LORD. (Isaiah 8:17, KJV)[/i]

Desperate and helpless and longing I cried;
Patiently, lovingly my Lord replied.
I pled and I wept for a clue to my fate,
And the Master so gently said, "Child, you must wait."

Wait? You said, "wait"? My indignant reply.
Lord, I need answers. I need to know why!
Is Your hand shortened? Or have You not heard?
By faith I have asked and am claiming Your Word.
My future and all to which I can relate
Hangs in the balance, and you tell me "wait"?

I'm needing a "yes," a go-ahead sign
Or even a "no" to which I can resign.
And, Lord, You promised that if we believe
We need but to ask and we shall receive.
And Lord, I've been asking and this is my cry;
I'm weary of asking! I need a reply!

Then quietly, softly, I learned of my fate
As my Master replied once again, "You must wait."
So I slumped in my chair, defeated and taut
And grumbled to God, "So I'm waiting -- for what?"

He seemed then to kneel and His eyes wept with mine,
And tenderly said, "I could give you a sign.
I could shake the heavens and darken the sun.
I could raise the dead, cause the mountains to run.
All you seek, I could give and pleased you would be.
You would have what you want -- but you wouldn't know Me.

You'd not know the depth of my love for each saint;
You'd not know the power that I give to the faint;
You'd not learn to see through the clouds of despair
You'd not learn to trust just by knowing I'm there;
You'd not know the joy of resting in Me --
When darkness and silence were all you could see;
You'd never experience that fullness of love
As the peace of My Spirit descends like a dove;

You'd know that I give and I save (for a start),
But you'd not know the depth of the beat of My heart,
The glow of My comfort late in the night,
The faith that I give when you walk without sight,
The depth that's beyond getting just what you asked
Of an infinite God, who makes what you have last.
And you'd never know, should your pain quickly flee,
What it means that 'My grace is sufficient for thee.'

Yes, your dreams for that loved one overnight might come true,
But oh, the loss! If I lost what I'm doing in you!
So be silent, My child and in time you will see
That the greatest of gifts is to get to know Me.
And tho' oft My answers seem terribly late,
My most precious answer of all is still, 'WAIT.'"

Elizabeth Elliot
==========

My prayers are with all who are waiting to realize their vocations :pray:[/quote]

That was beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing. We all must keep praying and trusting in the Lord. He always knows what's best for us. :)

My prayers are with you also, God Bless you!