An Old School Catholic Message Board

Meeting Other Discerners

VeniteAdoremus

yeah, that is just one of my example. i knew my friend, we knew each other inside out and true friendship is what we found in each other. willingness to accept each others opinion but its up to us to do as what is being said. true friend will understand and balance out what is being said. Being an aspirant, I learned that it takes humility, accpetance and knowing yourself is the only way to find your way in religious life.
yeah I dont mean that way sorry, what i mean is to have only enough time and like you have a purpose or idea about what religious order you are being called too.

+Praised be Jesus Christ!

Osap...

This is brilliant! It's going in my spiritual journal tonight! Thank you!

[b]My spiritual director (a former Carthusain of 7 years, now a diocesan priest) is fond of saying that "If the Church is a hospital for sinners then the monastery, it could be said, is Intensive Care".[/b]

Pax!
TradMom

P.S. In addition to having the famous Solesmes experience, we are now finding out you have a former Carthusian as a spiritual director?!!! Puella, are you reading this?! :)

puellapaschalis

[quote name='TradMom' post='1789509' date='Feb 23 2009, 11:28 PM']P.S. In addition to having the famous Solesmes experience, we are now finding out you have a former Carthusian as a spiritual director?!!! Puella, are you reading this?! :)[/quote]

I read everything VA says ;)

My spiritual director is a secular who's connected with a charismatic prayer movement. Those who know me appreciate the apparent irony in this ;)

Oh, and I have something to post about Solesmes soon, but I won't hijack VA's thread with it. And here's hoping I can get round to it before Wednesday!