An Old School Catholic Message Board

St. Scholastica

puellapaschalis

puellapaschalis

Ok, to all the Bennies out there, and especially on VS,

[center][color="#4B0082"][size=6][font="Comic Sans MS"]Happy Feast Day!!![/font][/size][/color][/center]

:clapping: :prop: :flowers: :saint: :biglol:

:grouphug: :ninja: :love: :thumbsup:

:cheers: :wine: <-- it's a feast day, so what does the Rule tell us we can have? :D

I'm off to see if I can cycle through the rain quickly enough in order to get to Mass!

Edited by puellapaschalis

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1777749' date='Feb 10 2009, 02:26 AM']Ok, to all the Bennies out there, and especially on VS,

[center][color="#4B0082"][size=6][font="Comic Sans MS"]Happy Feast Day!!![/font][/size][/color][/center]

:clapping: :prop: :flowers: :saint: :biglol:

:grouphug: :ninja: :love: :thumbsup:

:cheers: :wine: <-- it's a feast day, so what does the Rule tell us we can have? :D

I'm off to see if I can cycle through the rain quickly enough in order to get to Mass![/quote]

HAPPY FEAST DAY to you too Puellapaschalis....and to all Bennies & Benny lovers, especially anyone celebrating a patronal feast day today. Please remember St. Scholastica's Priory & St. Mary's Monastery in Petersham, MA as they journey toward a new chapter in their history. Their sisters from Tickfaw are moving up to merge the two communities just after Easter. It's an exciting and extremely busy time for all - so much work and so much joy all bunched together. St. Scholastica, be with your daughters and sons as they take this next step in their monastic journey.

St. Scholasica, pray for us that the Lord will answer our prayers with STORMS OF LOVE for each other and of course, for Him.

:lol_roll:

Pax

puellapaschalis

It's pretty clear St. Scholastica was an Italian lady...if she were Dutch there's no way she would have needed to [i]pray for rain[/i] (or snow)...but then if they had been Dutch, St. Benedict would have taken an umbrella :rain:

[url="http://saintbenedict.org/stscholastica.htm"][img]http://saintbenedict.org/scholastica.jpg[/img][/url]

:))

Edited by puellapaschalis

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1777859' date='Feb 10 2009, 11:09 AM']It's pretty clear St. Scholastica was an Italian lady...if she were Dutch there's no way she would have needed to [i]pray for rain[/i] (or snow)...but then if they had been Dutch, St. Benedict would have taken an umbrella :rain:

[url="http://saintbenedict.org/stscholastica.htm"][img]http://saintbenedict.org/scholastica.jpg[/img][/url]

:))[/quote]

Very cute Puella....an I think it's clear St. Benedict was an Italian man...with all the attention he paid to "food"....and let's not forget that HEMINA of WINE....more proof he was Italian - he never went ANYWHERE except to his sister's house - and then, ONLY to eat and run.

;)

*edited for typo

Edited by osapientia

puellapaschalis

Oh yes - and his way of dealing with sexual temptation. Anyone else would have had a cold shower, but oh no, this Italian had to be dramatic about it and throw himself into a bush of stinging nettles... :saint: :wacko:

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1777891' date='Feb 10 2009, 10:56 AM']Oh yes - and his way of dealing with sexual temptation. Anyone else would have had a cold shower, but oh no, this Italian had to be dramatic about it and throw himself into a bush of stinging nettles... :saint: :wacko:[/quote]

OUCH!!! Clearly Scholastica had way more common sense about such things. Blessings to all Bennies and those who love them!

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1777891' date='Feb 10 2009, 11:56 AM']Oh yes - and his way of dealing with sexual temptation. Anyone else would have had a cold shower, but oh no, this Italian had to be dramatic about it and throw himself into a bush of stinging nettles... :saint: :wacko:[/quote]

PRECISELY!

puellapaschalis
:wine: :lol_roll:

St. Scholastica is one of my Confirmation patrons, so I plan on celebrating and celebrating big this evening! Maybe not with wine...but I have ice cream and I'm not afraid to use it. I mean eat it.

shadowedseraph

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1777933' date='Feb 10 2009, 06:10 PM']:wine: :lol_roll:

St. Scholastica is one of my Confirmation patrons, so I plan on celebrating and celebrating big this evening! Maybe not with wine...but I have ice cream and I'm not afraid to use it. I mean eat it.[/quote]

lol i did wonder in what context you were going for then ;) happy feast day to everyone!

puellapaschalis

stlmom, I'm ashamed to say I have no idea.
However, I am not ashamed about polishing off the rest of the ice cream. Yay St. Scholastica :))

+Praised be Jesus Christ!

A day late, but knowing God is outside of time, let my prayers and good wishes fill your hearts!

God bless all of our Benedictines! May the Lord keep and protect them in a special way!

PAX!

TradMom