An Old School Catholic Message Board

Crying Babies

Good Friday

Good Friday

Has anyone else noticed that babies at Mass tend to cry the most during the Gloria, the Consecration, and the Lamb of God... especially the Consecration? I think it's because God becomes physically present during the Consecration, and I think it's possible that baptized babies (being without any sin and being completely child-like) realize that God is there. They seem to also do it during the Gloria and the Lamb of God, and I think it's because those are times when everyone's really into praising God. :lol:

Anyway, it's possible. It's something to think about the next time that baby crying at Mass is starting to annoy you. :D

I'm afraid I never noticed. But now that you've mentioned it, I'll keep my ears open next time I go to Mass. :lol:

IXpenguin21

actualy, i've noticed quite the opposite...

in my church, and others ive been in all over the country, i've notied the most anoying babies (lack of a better word) seem to be silent and attentive at the moment of concecration.

go figure! lol

littleflower+JMJ

at my church we have really loud babies cryign all thru mass and then what makes it worse is that the parent will give the baby a set of keys to play with to distract them and boy does it make our priest mad!! he always pin points them out and says " can you please silence the child?" when its like during his homily and noone can hear....everyone fears making noise cuz the priest will silence them real fast.....

LOL its kinda funny, but i don't mind cuz i love babies but if your sitting right near them, beware!

:D

littleflower+JMJ

Ok... you're never coming near my baby! lol

:lol::lol::lol:

thats what im saying! (but i don't have a baby!)

are you joining the nite crew at phatmass ice? hows the little munchkin?

+JMJ

littleflower+JMJ

Thats the "I agree with Adam" face..  :lol:

now adam..how do you know what my smilies are suppose to mean?!

LOL maybe it does...maybe it doesn't .....i'm not telling!

:ph34r:

man babys crying is annoying, I just wanna turn around, pull out a tranquilizer gun and pop!

Dont You want to have kids someday?

:blink:

IcePrincessKRS

:lol::lol::lol:

thats what im saying! (but i don't have a baby!)

are you joining the nite crew at phatmass ice? hows the little munchkin?

+JMJ

Maybe! lol

She's doing really well. We're actually headed to bed right now, but I'll try and get on to catch up on things tomorrow. I haven't had much time for the computer today. I'll post another picture of Adrienne over on the yahoo group tomorrow. :)

Dont You  want to have  kids someday?

:blink:

yah..... but God will give me one of those nice quiet babys who barely cry, never pee on you when you change there diaper, they go to sleep when you want them to.... like a furby!. :D

right... right!?!??! :o:huh: :(

Y'all should ask your guardian angel to 'talk' to the child's guardian angel as to comfort the child, thus asking them both to do so...(this really does work) Our Guardian Angels are indeed powerful intercessors!

Also I am not sure what Cardinal said this during the Knights of Columbus Eucharistic Congress, but he said that if you get distracted in a time of prayer you should repeat the words of our first pope at the transfiguration, "Lord it is good for us to be here", I found it to be helpful.