An Old School Catholic Message Board

Crying Babies

Good Friday

yah..... but God will give me one of those nice quiet babys who barely cry, never pee on you when you change there diaper, they go to sleep when you want them to.... like a furby!. :D

right... right!?!??! :o:huh::(

HAHAHAHA....there are no quiet babies!!!

yah..... but God will give me one of those nice quiet babys who barely cry, never pee on you when you change there diaper, they go to sleep when you want them to.... like a furby!. :D

right... right!?!??! :o:huh::(

:D you just might,

OR Totally Might NOT ...... LOL :D

luv's ya adam! :D

man babys crying is annoying, I just wanna turn around, pull out a tranquilizer gun and pop!

If you do that then you won't have any tranquilizer's for the Catholics that leave their cell phones on during Mass. :angry:

:P

I used to be annoyed at the kids in Church but for every baby that cries is a baby that was allowed to live, is a baby where their mommy decided not to abort them. So it ain't so annoying. :P

But, Furby's are cool. If you start bringing one to Mass though I might be annoyed at you. LOLOL.

IcePrincessKRS

lol I know what you mean Kiddkapps--only babies never really bothered me, its not like they can help it. Adults and older kids who should know better... Now for THEM I want to pull out a tranq. gun... or maybe just a big roll of duck tape....

Brother Adam

Duck Tape :)

Red Green says: "If the woman don't find you handsome, at least they'll find you handy"

(some of you might be to young to remember the Red Green Show.)

littleflower+JMJ

today at mass, i have to report no crying babies, but the one in front of me was sooo adorable! i almost snatched him to take him home with me! :unsure:

Kilroy the Ninja

Alright. To those of you who were annoyed at the crying baby and wished ill upon them and they're parents I say to you... I hope you never met me in a dark alley because I will not be compassionate.

Now, that being said, for the first six months of his life, the baby Ninja Crusader was an absolute angel during mass. So much so, that we received compliments to his demeanor. Now that he's eight months though things have become a little more chaotic.

Now I have to agree with whoever it was that said that babies cry or act up more during the consecration. Raymond does. It's because it suddenly gets quiet and he can hear himself echo in the church. I try desperately (and in vain) to quiet him, but usually end up leaving as soon as it is possible. (I don't believe in toys in church so he's going to have to learn to suffer in silence). Now, a lot of the time I usually start the mass out in the cry room, but if I'm in there I resign myself to not hearing the mass anyway simply because I can't concentrate on anything being said because there are usually too many children running around, snacking, throwing things, screaming... you get the picture. It's a nightmare.

So what's the answer? I like Kidkaps answer - a least these kids lived. Children are a blessing and very young ones don't know better yet so I think we should all grin and bear it in a loving way. It doesn't make the mass any less valid. All of you silence nazi's need to get over it. (I can say that I used to be one, but I've realized that if you're too young to actually understand the language being spoken and don't have a concept of "being quiet" then it's a lost cause and you're innocent anyway). It's the older kids that need their hides tanned.

And littleflower I truly feel sorry for you. If my priest made a scene like that in the middle of mass I'm afraid I'd have to stand up and make a bigger one. That is uncalled for and frankly un-Christian.

Sorry to bring the tone of this somewhat jovial thread down but I don't think it's a laughing matter to wish very young children ill. Even jokingly.

:ph34r:

:D you just might,

OR Totally Might NOT ...... LOL :D

luv's ya adam! :D

God gave me a vision of my future baby...

Babycha.gif

.... Phatmass generation child? :lol: :D

Edited by Adam