An Old School Catholic Message Board

Leaving For Milwaukee In 2 Days!

InHisLove726

I am leaving on Friday to see the Carmelite Sisters DCJ in Milwaukee! I can't wait! I'm so glad the day is finally approaching where I can meet them. I was blessed to be able to acquire the funds through unemployment and I bought my plane ticket about a month ago. :D

I also found Sr. Paula Maria of the DCJ sisters online! She has a Facebook and an account on YouTube. I think she might be the publication sister for the province as that is unusual for them to be found online. I talked to her and she is REALLY nice! I told her I was visiting this week, and she thought I was the other girl, hehe! :lol_roll: It's still going to be just me and the other girl, Emily, who will be going to the retreat, and I am so happy about that! The last retreat I went on (with the Central Province in St. Louis), there was SO MANY girls there that I really didn't have the chance to ask my questions and get a feel for their life myself. Prayerfully, Emily and I will grow closer to this community if it is God's will! I've been praying to Mother Foundress to help me get there safely and intercede for me at Jesus' throne. I feel her prayers and I know I will get there. :)

I was fortunate enough to find a website where I could order a jumper dress and long skirt for very little money. The last time I went, I didn't know that I was supposed to wear long skirts, so I ended up being the only girl wearing pants. :ohno: I felt so out of place! I forgot that I brought my long dress with me, and I found it the last night, and wore it. I'm bringing that dress as well (in case I need to change).

I'll be keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers, and I ask you to please pray that I make it there safely! There's going to be flurries on Saturday, and it's snowing right now, so I may see snow (though I know flurries don't stay on the ground)!!! I haven't seen snow since 1989! LOL! I live in Florida, though. :P

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1784383' date='Feb 18 2009, 10:53 AM']Yay! Exciting ;)

Will be praying for you...in SWITZERLAND :)) Whiieeee![/quote]

LOL! Are you visiting a convent too? I have a friend in England who is visiting another postulant friend at a Carmelite monastery this weekend. :) Seems to be a prime weekend for Vocation retreats!

AccountDeleted

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1784382' date='Feb 18 2009, 08:52 AM']I was fortunate enough to find a website where I could order a jumper dress and long skirt for very little money. The last time I went, I didn't know that I was supposed to wear long skirts, so I ended up being the only girl wearing pants. :ohno: I felt so out of place! I forgot that I brought my long dress with me, and I found it the last night, and wore it. I'm bringing that dress as well (in case I need to change).[/quote]

So share this website with us!!! It isn't easy finding long skirts or jumpers. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, blessings on your visit! :pray:

[quote name='nunsense' post='1784666' date='Feb 18 2009, 03:18 PM']So share this website with us!!! It isn't easy finding long skirts or jumpers. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, blessings on your visit! :pray:[/quote]

LOL! :lol_pound: It's Lane Bryant Catalog. They are going out of business so they are selling everything REALLY cheap!

[url="http://www.lanebryantcatalog.com/"]http://www.lanebryantcatalog.com/[/url]

I just bought another jumper dress after wearing the first one and loving it! The one I have is black, and I just bought a denim one. :) My long skirt came yesterday.

I hope you like Milwaukee and the convent too. I love Milwaukee. I live a few blocks from the Cathedral. I didnt know we had Carmelites here. Anyway hope all goes well.

[quote name='Mari Therese' post='1785684' date='Feb 19 2009, 05:18 PM']Wonderful, I hope you have a fruitful visit.

Don't forget, you can usually find decent, long skirts at thrift stores.[/quote]

I went to Salvation Army, Goodwill and a consignment shop and couldn't find anything! :( It's ok though because I found what I needed! :)

Well, I leave today!!! I'm a little nervous about it, but I believe that is normal because I firmly believe this is where God is calling me. I have packed (I had to go buy a new suitcase...LOL!), and I am starting to get everything ready like magazines and my iPod. It's a mixture of emotions, but I'm trying to remember that my absence is not permanent, and I may be mistaken about this place, so I don't want to get ahead of myself. Talking to my mom and my best friend really helped. I talked to my favorite Best Friend (Jesus) and asked Him to keep me close to His Sacred Heart (whom I adore). One thing I like about flying is that I can get closer to Heaven and Jesus when I'm up in the air.

Please keep me and Emily in your prayers this weekend, that we become closer to the Beloved! The Sisters have been nothing but warm and friendly. I know I'm safe with them because they understand that we are all nervous when we discern. I know they won't try to force me to join.

Ok, I have to start getting ready!!!! I will keep you all in my prayers as today is the beginning of my Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary preparation that lasts 33 days.

God bless you all. Much love and prayers! :D