An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Friend Is Making First Vows This Sunday!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

A friend of mine, Sister M. Faustina (that I knew as Melinda), will be taking first vows on Sunday!
[img]http://sistersofcharity.com/pictures/pics2.jpg[/img]
I'm so excited for her! I wish that I could go, but its a long way from Chicago to Connecticut! Please keep her in your prayers! Her community is very beautiful: [url="http://sistersofcharity.com/"]Sisters of Charity of Our Lady Mother of the Church[/url]

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Oops... I made a boo-boo... She's making solemn vows! She's been there much too long to just be making temporary vows now!

puellapaschalis

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' post='1785452' date='Feb 19 2009, 07:17 PM']Oops... I made a boo-boo... She's making solemn vows! She's been there much too long to just be making temporary vows now![/quote]

:hehe: that's an ok mistake to make, I think ;) Congratulations!

Congratulations to her! I hung out with Sister Faustina at the Eucharistic Congress in Quebec. My friend Ally just entered there in October. What a small world Catholic world ^_^

Please tell her that Melani says congratulations.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Mari Therese' post='1785674' date='Feb 19 2009, 04:09 PM']Congratulations to her! I hung out with Sister Faustina at the Eucharistic Congress in Quebec. My friend Ally just entered there in October. What a small world Catholic world ^_^

Please tell her that Melani says congratulations.[/quote]
Wow... it really is a small world after all! Crazy how things like this pop up!

This reminds me, I need to get/make a card for her to send with my friend that is going with her daughter. I will pass on the message from Melani via another person :)

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Melani, I'm sorry for being a dolt... I reread what I posted and realized that was you and not someone else. I really don't like reading things on the computer screen! Maybe that is why... :wacko:
I sent a card along with my friend to deliver and I added a 'congrats' from you as well. The Mass was this morning at 11am. She has taken her vows and is forever HIS! Alleluia!
('Gotta get those in before Wednesday!)

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1785456' date='Feb 19 2009, 11:25 AM']:hehe: that's an ok mistake to make, I think ;) Congratulations![/quote]
It may be okay, but it is still a rather big mistake to make! :topsy:

elizabeth09

I have at least one friend in the religions life. It pretty cool. Even when she is gone, you can write to one another. Congratulations on you friend. We need girls, like her, to be a leader and not a follower. :mail: