An Old School Catholic Message Board

Any Color To Wear For Ash Wednesday?

RemnantRules

I was wondering if that is the first day the liturgical colors our purple. I wish I had a purple shirt to wear :rolleyes: but seriously I didn't know if it would be purple or still green. Anyone know?

[quote name='RemnantRules' post='1790432' date='Feb 24 2009, 02:21 PM']*runs to buy something violet* :saint:[/quote]

lol ^_^

It's good to see you around the boards again, Jason.

We're having an Ash Wednesday thing at my seminary, and we've all been asked to wear dark, drab colors, and simple humble clothing to signify penance. Then they are going to feed us gruel in the cafeteria. Since that's the kind of clothes I wear everyday, maybe I should go in burlap.

It's nice to hear that the cafeteria is just going out and finally saying it... They serve gruel.

Odd that they happened to admit it on Ash Wednesday though.

[quote name='CatholicCid' post='1791257' date='Feb 25 2009, 09:21 AM']It's nice to hear that the cafeteria is just going out and finally saying it... They serve gruel.

Odd that they happened to admit it on Ash Wednesday though.[/quote]
:lol_roll:

Oh, they normally serve pretty good food. They only have to feed 30 or so seminarians for breakfast and dinner, and then the added lay students and staff for lunch. Those guys duck downstairs for cookies in the afternoon that the ladies put out for them during class breaks. The seminarians get pretty spoiled.

I wore a purple dress today. Solid purple. Very purply purple. :)

I also have a solid green dress, which I will wear on St. Patrick's day.

I'm just weird :P