An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Got It!

InHisLove726

InHisLove726

I just got the application in the mail today!!!! I am applying to the Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus in Wauwatosa, WI!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!! I am so HAPPY and EXCITED!!! A little nerves thrown in there too, but I am so so so happy! I never thought this day would actually come where I was given permission to apply to the Carmelites. The Lord had me in mind, and I can't understand how He is so good to me! The Sisters wrote and said that they were sending prayers my way and they are leaving me in St. Therese's care! Can you think of a better saint to have with you? I LOVE St. Therese and I know she will get me through this "bundle of nerves" time. I am so happy and relieved to be at the end where all I have to do is be accepted. I am joyfully looking forward to the day where I get the phone call saying I've been accepted to enter, but all in God's time!

Please send your prayers that I may be patient and joyful about this whole process! I am offering my prayers for all of you. God bless you!

InHisLove726

[quote name='Mari Therese' post='1798944' date='Mar 6 2009, 12:03 PM']Rock on dude! Many prayers for you![/quote]

:punk:

InHisLove726

[quote name='nunsense' post='1799033' date='Mar 6 2009, 01:53 PM']Prayers prayers prayers :pray:[/quote]

:blowkiss:

InHisLove726

[quote name='shortnun' post='1799254' date='Mar 6 2009, 06:28 PM']:taco: :taco: <--- Bean of course because it is Friday.[/quote]

:lol_pound: Love it!

InHisLove726

[quote name='shadowedseraph' post='1799708' date='Mar 7 2009, 11:44 AM']Many prayers for you :bigpray:[/quote]

Thank you! I need them! :) :blowkiss: :bluesbrother:

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1799036' date='Mar 6 2009, 08:00 PM']:blowkiss:[/quote]

MORE PRAYERS !! I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU.
GOD BLESS

Edited by Jennirom

InHisLove726

[quote name='Jennirom' post='1799918' date='Mar 7 2009, 06:44 PM']MORE PRAYERS !! I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU.
GOD BLESS[/quote]

Thanks so much Jennirom! :kiss:

InHisLove726

[quote name='kavalamyself' post='1804015' date='Mar 11 2009, 05:30 PM']Lots of prayers to you.[/quote]

Thanks a million, kavala! :)

InHisLove726

Well, I got finished with my autobiography MUCH sooner than I anticipated! It seems there is a real drive in me to get this finished and turned in so I can set a date! I worked on the long version that I started with for the past 2 days, but after chatting with some of the Sisters on Facebook, I found out that it was FAR too long, and most of them only submitted a few pages (front and back). Here I was with 8 pages!!!! :shock: So, I decided to start over and handwrite a rough draft to show my spiritual director tomorrow. I worked on it for two solid hours and I'm finished! Best of all, it's three pages, front and back! I included the most important things about my childhood, some fond memories about band, my history of depression and why I was depressed (and that I am no longer on the medication), and how I received my call. Most importantly, I included why I am called to their order, and no one else's. Please pray that my spiritual director and I have a thorough meeting tomorrow and that I can find a job soon to include on my application (at least a volunteer job if nothing else). If I have to turn the application in without finding a job, then I will, but I think it will look much better if I have one. I don't want to appear to be sitting at home waiting until I move to the convent. I'm certainly not doing that! I'm taking the CNA test next Thursday!!! :D

In The Arms of The Lord

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1804087' date='Mar 11 2009, 07:26 PM']Well, I got finished with my autobiography MUCH sooner than I anticipated! It seems there is a real drive in me to get this finished and turned in so I can set a date! I worked on the long version that I started with for the past 2 days, but after chatting with some of the Sisters on Facebook, I found out that it was FAR too long, and most of them only submitted a few pages (front and back). Here I was with 8 pages!!!! :shock: So, I decided to start over and handwrite a rough draft to show my spiritual director tomorrow. I worked on it for two solid hours and I'm finished! Best of all, it's three pages, front and back! I included the most important things about my childhood, some fond memories about band, my history of depression and why I was depressed (and that I am no longer on the medication), and how I received my call. Most importantly, I included why I am called to their order, and no one else's. Please pray that my spiritual director and I have a thorough meeting tomorrow and that I can find a job soon to include on my application (at least a volunteer job if nothing else). If I have to turn the application in without finding a job, then I will, but I think it will look much better if I have one. I don't want to appear to be sitting at home waiting until I move to the convent. I'm certainly not doing that! I'm taking the CNA test next Thursday!!! :D[/quote]

My prayers for you! I pray that all will be done according to His will. Keep trusting in Him. May He keep holding you close, and may you always cooperate with the grace He sends you.

Good luck with with your job searching, and your CNA test :). Before I got a job I was a volunteer at a Hospital for a short time, visting the patients, and assisting the nurses. I don't know where you are in FL, but I work at "Avante Nursing Home and Rehab Center", they have 11 Nursing Homes around FL and many of them are looking for Nursing Assistants. If your interested, here is their website: [url="http://www.avantegroup.com/"]http://www.avantegroup.com/[/url]

God Bless you!