An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where Are You In Your Religious Discernment?

mariaassunta

ProudlyCatholicCellist

I'm looking at Cloistered Dominican orders..... gots to finish school before I can enter but I LOVE the look of the Dominican nuns of Summit, NJ :nun1:. God's will be done.

Apathetic...I've discerned with certain communities, each time thinking that they were the community for me...now I'm a little discouraged but still searching. I have a community in mind that I'm planning to visit next year so we'll see.

I'm no longer discerning religious life even though I still feel attracted to it because I recognized that God probably isn't calling me to that vocation.  I'm still discerning Consecrated Virginity and Third Orders.  :)

Going on my first official come and see in 11 days! Excited to see what the Lord has in store, finally trusting that when He says "jump", I say "how high?".

ToJesusMyHeart

Going on my first official come and see in 11 days! Excited to see what the Lord has in store, finally trusting that when He says "jump", I say "how high?".

donde?

ToJesusMyHeart

as for me: waiting for community to accept/reject my application. estimates say we'll have an answer by the end of november.

Spem in alium

Currently discerning with one order in particular. I've visited them a few times this year but am planning for a longer stay over the next few months. In the meantime I need to work on paying off my student loans; a time not without stress but also very rewarding.

donde?

I'm deciding to keep the specific community a secret for now. I'm trying very hard to not get my hopes up by over-fantasizing, and trying to just let God do what He wants. Discretion is the best way to keep myself in check. But depending on how the come & see goes, I might tell y'all. :)

ToJesusMyHeart

I'm deciding to keep the specific community a secret for now. I'm trying very hard to not get my hopes up by over-fantasizing, and trying to just let God do what He wants. Discretion is the best way to keep myself in check. But depending on how the come & see goes, I might tell y'all. :)

:sad2: 

Just kidding. I understand. 

:P

ToJesusMyHeart

Just heard from my psychologist who did the evaluation for my application. He said he believes one of the tests I took was invalid, so I need to go see him again this week and take an alternate test. 

I could be wrong, but I see this as the devil trying to attack and get me frustrated/discouraged/etc...but it's not gonna work! I'd LOVE to take another psych analysis! :P

He said he had some urgent foster care cases to deal with, but now he will put my report at the top of his to-do list and hopefully mail it sometime this week after I come in. 

Prayers would be appreciated!

:)

PoorClareHopeful

First off let me just say that I am praying for everyone who has been discerning and all who have started formation! I just love hearing about vocations!!! I have been discerning for about three years now and discerned with the Carmelites first, which then lead me to the Poor Clares which then lead me to the Benedictines but after just initially emailing the Benedictines of Mary, I found that I was being drawn back to the Poor Clares. So I have finally heard the ''summoning'' from God that I am ready to enter. I am entering February 7th 2014 to the Poor Clare Monastery in Barhamsville VA. After so much struggle and doubt throughout these three years I am finally at peace. I can't wait!!! Pray for me and know that all of you are in mine!!! God bless!!!

:nun1:

I am entering February 7th 2014 to the Poor Clare Monastery in Barhamsville VA.

Congratulations!  What wonderful news to come home to  :nun3:

As an aside, my final paperwork after a year of formation will be submitted on Friday.  It goes to the Order of Malta headquarters in Washington, D.C. for their approval, and then on to Rome for final approval.  God willing, I will be invested as a Dame of Malta next October (yes, when dealing with Rome, things move rather slowly),  Please pray that all goes well and that my service work to the poor and for the defense of the Faith will be accepted without any problems.  Then we'll have another "Dame" on the board!

• 4 weeks later...
ToJesusMyHeart

I just got off the phone with Sr. A, and she says they have a council meeting next week in which they will review my application. I should expect either a letter or a phone call about their decision in about 2 weeks. 

Prayers that I don't get too anxious about it. Fiat mihi secundum verbum tuum!

I just got off the phone with Sr. A, and she says they have a council meeting next week in which they will review my application. I should expect either a letter or a phone call about their decision in about 2 weeks. 

Prayers that I don't get too anxious about it. Fiat mihi secundum verbum tuum!

Exciting! My best advice is try not to think too much about it. You'll only drive yourself crazy. Maybe now would be a good time to pick up a new hobby, knitting perhaps?