An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where Are You In Your Religious Discernment?

mariaassunta

I've never undergone any type of formal discernment, just always been a nagging thought in the back of my mind that I need to consider it. My life is such a hot mess though . . .

brandelynmarie

I'm hoping to have my student loans paid off in about two years...this is going to take awhile *sigh*

maximillion

Have you peeps with loans tried the Labore Society?

labouresociety.org

They are recruiting their next lot of aspirants NOW.

veritasluxmea

Yeah, I kind of want to go to college but am turned off by the loans. I already have my associate's degree but I always wanted to get a master's. Laboure Society needs you to be already accepted by a community, I think. 

petitpèlerin

Put in my notice at work. Going to go spend a weekend with my sisters (whom I haven't seen since before Christmas!) the day after I get done! Then I'll have a month off, then I'll enter.  :)

Put in my notice at work. Going to go spend a weekend with my sisters (whom I haven't seen since before Christmas!) the day after I get done! Then I'll have a month off, then I'll enter.  :)

oooh that's wonderful!  Prayers for you.

MargaretTeresa

So much (holy) jealousy! Prayers for your upcoming entrance!

TheresaThoma

Put in my notice at work. Going to go spend a weekend with my sisters (whom I haven't seen since before Christmas!) the day after I get done! Then I'll have a month off, then I'll enter. :)

Wow! Very very exciting!!! I'm so happy for you!

petitpèlerin

Thank you all. This July has been such a stressful month, I'm so looking forward to being done with work and spending a couple days with my community and under the same roof as Jesus. :) That's as far ahead as I'm even looking right now, but September will be coming soon, too.