An Old School Catholic Message Board

Guarding Your Heart

puellapaschalis

[quote name='nunsense' post='1810907' date='Mar 18 2009, 08:21 PM']There are just so many different angles to look at things. :topsy:[/quote]
I agree...there is rarely ever just one way to see these kinds of things.

What I was trying to convey is that when I stop to image my broken heart in my mind's eye (and like Puella, I try to keep the musing at healthy levels) I don't see it broken into separate pieces at this point......rather my image is that of a heart that was once pulled apart and "separated" now has the gaps between the pieces filled with Christ, His Grace, forgiveness, compassion and love....so I still have a "whole heart" to give to Him (because of Him) and now it's an even "bigger" bigger heart than it was before (because the gaps are filled in...isn't God good?) but it's not a perfect heart. I guess it's my way of seeing how He has made me "whole".

I think if I could draw it, my image might be more clear. I'm struggling a bit to take it from image to word...but I've done the best I can.

Not all will agree and there are certainly other ways to look at it and other valid points to be made.

Pax

AccountDeleted

[quote name='elizabeth09' post='1811540' date='Mar 19 2009, 10:39 AM']To much flip is to dangerous.

:)

Make sure that you are happy.[/quote]

Well, I agree with the first part - being flip is just stupid - sorry for that.

As for the being happy part - I sometimes feel a little like St Bernadette, who was told by Our Lady, "I cannot promise you happiness in this life, but only in the next."

I am definitely not "happy" with my life, but as long as I am trying to do God's will, then I am happy about that aspect of my life. I think happiness is sometimes highly over-rated. I asked a Carmelite nun once if she was "happy" being a nun, and she gave me some answer that didn't include the word "happy" so I pulled her up on it and said "You didn't answer me - are you happy?" And then she set me straight about happiness as opposed to "joy" in the Lord - two different things.

Perhaps I am just too much of a daughter of St John of the Cross - since my path seems to be the one of the Cross, rather than one of "happiness". But once again - this is a very debateable topic - depending on one's interpretation - and I don't mean to start any kind of debate - just musing here.... :mellow:

Edited by nunsense

kavalamyself

I guard my heart very tightly. For me this means no dating. I do not trust myself. Others are most likely more mature and able to handle things better but I want to belong to God alone. So, no dates.