An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Spirituality Are You Drawn To The Most?

InHisLove726

Spirituality  

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='nunsense' post='1811668' date='Mar 19 2009, 04:05 PM']Ok, don't YOU hit me now, but first doesn't always mean best.[/quote]

But it does in this case. I'M KIDDING. REALLY, I AM. I love the diversity in our Church...we are all parts of the same whole and while this banter is fun (for me anyway) I believe whole heartedly that our diversity is a gift from God...and wholly attributble to His wisdom...just as you said, Nunsense.

Pax

i love dominicans, as i carry then say my rosary each day thatreminds me of St. Dominic. :sign:
but if I have a brother, I will push him to religious life & I will push him to be Salesian :secret: :biglol:
but then, when I saw the movie "into the great Silence" i started to like the way of life of the cestercian! :saint:

I selected Dominican--which is very true. However, I'm entering a Sacred Heart Community with somewhat heavy Jesuitical influences. My community weaves things together nicely. I'm not bipolar yet!

Well, I voted for others because I'm drawn to bridgettine Spirituality.
The Rule of the cloistered Bridgettines is partly by Saint Augustin BUT theres a lot Benedictine
in there too :)
But the spirituality is still a little different
Kind of mishmash between franciscan/poor clare poverty, benedictine monastcism, a lot Marian (Jesus told Saint Bridget that he wants to establish this order in honor of his Holy Mother Mary)
Augustinian as well and passionist Spirituality too.
So mix it altogether in the right manner and ..... tada you get bridgettine Spirituality :D

puellapaschalis

Oh yes, hurray for the wonderful mosaic of authentic spiritualities in the Church (and all those in the poll are good and solid, I think!).

Just so long as well all recognise that some are more wonderful and authentic than others.

Well, one in particular :ninja:

Right, now I need to run before the maurading hoardes of Carmelites and Dominicans start hitting me! :boink: :whistle:

InHisLove726

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1811960' date='Mar 19 2009, 10:35 PM']Oh yes, hurray for the wonderful mosaic of authentic spiritualities in the Church (and all those in the poll are good and solid, I think!).

Just so long as well all recognise that some are more wonderful and authentic than others.

Right, now I need to run before the maurading hoardes of Carmelites and Dominicans start hitting me! :boink: :whistle:[/quote]

LOL! :lol_roll:

:starwars: :boink: :numchucks: :getaclue: :boxer:

:biglol:

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1811960' date='Mar 19 2009, 11:35 PM']Oh yes, hurray for the wonderful mosaic of authentic spiritualities in the Church (and all those in the poll are good and solid, I think!).

Right, now I need to run before the maurading hoardes of Carmelites and Dominicans start hitting me! :boink: :whistle:[/quote]
Maurading hoardes.....I like that. Talk about an IMAGE.

By the way, Puella - remember OUR Holy Father barely escaped his own maurading hoarde. Be careful out there woman.

puellapaschalis

[quote name='osapientia' post='1812182' date='Mar 20 2009, 03:34 PM']By the way, Puella - remember OUR Holy Father barely escaped his own maurading hoarde. Be careful out there woman.[/quote]

I always keep a raven handy ;) St. Benedict will keep me safe with his prayers!!

puellapaschalis

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1811469' date='Mar 19 2009, 04:52 PM']Grrrrrr....I knew that...Why did I make a separate category!?!? :annoyed:[/quote]

Because you're horribly horribly BIASED!

But I still love ya so it's all good ;) :blowkiss:

+Praised be Jesus Christ!

Can you create a special Carmelite/Benedictine one? :) I always saw myself as strictly living out of a Carmelite spirituality (and I am a Third Order Carmelite!) but with my Benedictine daughter, a whole new world has been opened to me! As Osap said beautifully, we are all connected, so I sometimes think there is a little bit of all it in each one of us. Finding it (and developing it) is quite another story!

Pax!

TradMom

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1811960' date='Mar 19 2009, 08:35 PM']Right, now I need to run before the maurading hoardes of Carmelites and Dominicans start hitting me! :boink: :whistle:[/quote]
At least you know the Franciscan's wouldn't lay a hand on you! :topsy:

puellapaschalis

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' post='1812345' date='Mar 20 2009, 07:53 PM']At least you know the Franciscan's wouldn't lay a hand on you! :topsy:[/quote]

:lol_pound: