An Old School Catholic Message Board

Family Stuff

puellapaschalis

puellapaschalis

Hi VS,

would you keep my parents in your prayers? I visited them last weekend and as tactfully as I could - which granted is not very - told them that I would be visiting a monastery this Summer. That I've already been there twice for a few days I haven't mentioned (although they're smart enough to figure it out).

It's especially tough on my father, who isn't a Catholic, who's quite proud of me and what I've achieved with my life thus far, and would like me to contribute to what he calls the "knowledge economy." My aunt (my mother's sister), to whom he is quite close, is, along with her family, a devout practising Catholic, and he sees no reason why my Catholicism can't be lived out in the same way. I know my aunt knows and will, if he asks her, try to explain things to him - but it will take a while as my stubbornness was most definitely not something I learnt at primary school ;)

Many thanks for the prayers that you could offer for my family. Sometimes it's really tough being an expat (although at the same time being so far away has sometimes been the only thing that kept me sane!).

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1811396' date='Mar 19 2009, 07:41 AM']Hi VS,

Many thanks for the prayers that you could offer for my family. Sometimes it's really tough being an expat (although at the same time being so far away has sometimes been the only thing that kept me sane!).[/quote]

Prayers on the way, Puella! My brother and nephew struggle a lot with my choice...it's a tough row to hoe.

I know I could use a good dose of St. Francis of Asissi type Grace so that I could say with him: O Divine Master grant that I might seek, not so much to be consoled as to console, to be understood, as to understand.....

AccountDeleted

A Carmelite nun told me that she converted to the Catholic Church from Anglicanism, and her father was an Anglican priest (they marry and have families). He was very distressed at her conversion, and then her becoming a Carmelite, and wanted nothing to do with her. But before he died, he had visited her in the convent, and reconciled with her, and after he died, her mother converted to Catholicism.

Trust God to take care of the details. Just keep praying for your family (and ask your aunt to do the same), and trust, trust, trust in His love for all your family. :love:

elizabeth09

When I told my family (mom, dad, brothers and sisters) about the new that I might become a sister, all of them were proud of me. I did not tell my other family (uncles, aunts, and cousins) memebers yet.

So prayers from me too.

:bigpray:

Good Luck!

:taco: Prayers. :taco: <--- The dancing tacos, so very tasty and good for you,, so very tasty and good for you, are to show you that God is good! :P

[quote name='winningt' post='1811837' date='Mar 19 2009, 11:34 PM']I am not sure, but look at this:[/quote]

Do [b]not[/b] follow that link - it is for an on-line pharmacy.

puellapaschalis

Wow, guys, thank you so much for your replies. Even if it was just one line - that you took the time to leave a few words has touched me! (except maybe for the spam, eew).

Margriet - je eerste zin was wel goed, en dank je wel!! Je "ik hoop..." klinkt beter als je zegt: "ik hoop dat dat goed is." :)