An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dominican Sisters Of Mary Mother Of The Eucharist

tinytherese

+J.M.J.+
prayers for a safe journey, tinytherese.

i would love to go to their women's retreat (non-discernment).

tinytherese

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1872803' date='May 21 2009, 04:58 PM']+J.M.J.+
prayers for a safe journey, tinytherese.

i would love to go to their women's retreat (non-discernment).[/quote]

Thank you!

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1866157' date='May 13 2009, 07:04 PM']:lol_roll:

yeah, i am pretty biased! :))

By the way, who are the Dominicans in your avatar?[/quote]

[quote name='shortnun' post='1867720' date='May 15 2009, 06:17 AM']dominicansoul, VA's sisters (as pictured in her avatar) are [b][url="http://www.dominicansrs.co.uk/"]HERE[/url][/b].[/quote]

:yes:

Thanks shortnun :)

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1872879' date='May 21 2009, 07:01 PM']:yes:

Thanks shortnun :)[/quote]
No prob. :topsy: I may not be heading in a Dominican direction myself, but I like to do all I can to support them. Probably like how you feel about the Benedictines (given PP's... obsession... with them and all. :rolleyes: ).

puellapaschalis

[quote name='shortnun' post='1872942' date='May 22 2009, 04:08 AM']Probably like how you feel about the Benedictines (given PP's... obsession... with them and all. :rolleyes: ).[/quote]

Ho now. What you haven't been privy to was VA's "phase" of hassling me into becoming a Dominican nun, or a Dominican sister, or a Dominican tertiary, or even a Dominican friar if I was really stubborn. :annoyed:

Well guess what? I guess I CAN be even more stubborn than Dutch people.... :P

loveletslive

i went on the may retreat! and i think i'm coming back in november for the next one.

Edited by loveletslive

tinytherese

What a retreat! I'm not saying that I'm entering but it was a positive experience. It is a shame though that it wasn't longer and that we never got to shadow the sisters in their apostolate or anything like that.

Loveletslive, were you there during the hair brained scheme of ordering pizza from Dominos so late at night without Sister Joseph Andrew finding out about it?

Yes, pham that seriously happened. :rolling: It was hilarious! Some girls got some chairs set up right outside and waited for the delivery guy to come so that Sister wouldn't find out about it. It reminded me of the movie The Trouble With Angels. Such a funny one where two girls attending a catholic boarding school pull pranks and the sisters running it have to deal with them.

VeniteAdoremus

Oh, oh, oh... if those girls have come so far as to actually going on a retreat with them, they should know that SISTERS ALWAYS KNOW EVERYTHING.

They don't have to physically BE there either. I could tell you stories but I'm not about to embarrass myself (beyond the usual :P ).

What on earth where they thinking? :)

Glad you had a nice retreat!

loveletslive

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1875492' date='May 26 2009, 01:41 AM']What a retreat! I'm not saying that I'm entering but it was a positive experience. It is a shame though that it wasn't longer and that we never got to shadow the sisters in their apostolate or anything like that.

Loveletslive, were you there during the hair brained scheme of ordering pizza from Dominos so late at night without Sister Joseph Andrew finding out about it?

Yes, pham that seriously happened. :rolling: It was hilarious! Some girls got some chairs set up right outside and waited for the delivery guy to come so that Sister wouldn't find out about it. It reminded me of the movie The Trouble With Angels. Such a funny one where two girls attending a catholic boarding school pull pranks and the sisters running it have to deal with them.[/quote]

i definitely agree, i would have liked to spend more time with the sisters "doing what they do." and i wish we could have seen them pray the liturgy of the hours in the chapel at the Motherhouse. i am planning on coming back in November because i am more confused then ever about what my vocation is.

haha i had no idea people ordered pizza. that's funny though because my friends and i thought about it because we were starving at 1am :)

what was your Marian title? mine was Mother of the Church.

tinytherese

[quote name='loveletslive' post='1875567' date='May 26 2009, 10:20 AM']i definitely agree, i would have liked to spend more time with the sisters "doing what they do." and i wish we could have seen them pray the liturgy of the hours in the chapel at the Motherhouse. i am planning on coming back in November because i am more confused then ever about what my vocation is.

haha i had no idea people ordered pizza. that's funny though because my friends and i thought about it because we were starving at 1am :)

what was your Marian title? mine was Mother of the Church.[/quote]

Mine actually wasn't specifically Marian. I found that really odd at first. It was Most Sacred Heart of Jesus have mercy on us. I was this silly one at the end of that time when we talked about our Marian titles that mentioned Kung Fu Panda in my speech. :lol_roll:

loveletslive

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1875833' date='May 26 2009, 04:59 PM']Mine actually wasn't specifically Marian. I found that really odd at first. It was Most Sacred Heart of Jesus have mercy on us. I was this silly one at the end of that time when we talked about our Marian titles that mentioned Kung Fu Panda in my speech. :lol_roll:[/quote]

i think i must have missed yours. i went to meet with sister joseph andrew at the end of that.