An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cloistered Oblates Sisters Of Christ Priest

alma-silenciosa

alma-silenciosa

[center][color="#8B0000"][i]PAX CHRISTI ![/i] [/color] [/center]

On happiness I meet thanks to the God for this one has found beautiful Forum, and to be able to share all the interests that do our being of God.

For it, if you allow me, it wanted to present my dears "Nuns Oblates of the Christ Priest" , who come of the foundation prepares of his [b]7 º Monastery [/b]in Peru. (Others are all in Spain)

[u]HISTORY and FOUNDERS[/u]:

[url="http://www.oblatasdecristosacerdote.com/en1024x768p/historia.html"]Visit My Website[/url]

[url="http://www.oblatasdecristosacerdote.com/en1024x768p/fundadores.html"]Visit My Website[/url]

[u]MONASTERIES[/u]:

[url="http://www.oblatasdecristosacerdote.com/en1024x768p/monasterios/toledo.html"]Visit My Website[/url]

[u]VOCATION[/u]:

[url="http://www.oblatasdecristosacerdote.com/en1024x768p/vocacion.html"]Visit My Website[/url]

Also they take of the Congregation as to a Patron: "Saint Pie X", Deo Gatias! And your charisme is deep in " silent and priestly oblation ", so necessarily for our Church of today!!
Our Mother Church, that the latter decades it has come being "trastocada" and hurt in your Tradition, in your Dogme and in your Holy Liturgy... And nevertheless, of immutable and divine roots!
Some details that are not descriptos in the web:

The Divine Office is a in Gregorian and in "vernacular" language (the days that only it is recited, this one carries out of knees)

The Monasteries have between >> 12 / 35 nuns; and [u]do not have Hostelry[/u], since the characteristic is a more [b][u]strict enclosure[/u][/b].

This one climate of desert, of oblation and of peace, it is lived from the mystery of the Cross and the happy delivery of the life informs, in a harmonious balance between the [b]Solitude[/b] and [b]Silence[/b]; and [b]Life Cenobítique[/b]. ( [u]2 Recreations for week[/u]: [u]Thursday[/u] and [u]Sundays[/u] - 1 h.-)

Excuse for my english :unsure:

Benedictions and graces for all the members, amine!

AccountDeleted

They look very Carmelite in dress and in nature! I love the history of the community and its charism - very nice - thank you for sharing!

[quote name='nunsense' post='1817058' date='Mar 26 2009, 12:45 PM']They look very Carmelite in dress and in nature! I love the history of the community and its charism - very nice - thank you for sharing![/quote]

I know these Sisters, they are wonderful.
Madre Maria del Carmen, the Foundress, used to say that Elizabeth of the Trinity was an Oblate Sister born "ahead of time". That's their spirit.

During the beginnings of the foundation of the Oblate Sisters, after the Spanish Civil War (1936-39), Mother Maria del Carmen was in close contact with Mother Maravillas de Jesús, OCD, (now Saint Maravillas) the Prioress of El Cerro de Los Angeles in Madrid, Spain, whose nuns requested from the Holy See -together with the Carmel of Avila and others of the same tradition within the OCD, the 1990 Constitutions.

[quote name='alma-silenciosa' post='1816918' date='Mar 26 2009, 10:48 AM'][center][color="#8B0000"][i]PAX CHRISTI ![/i] [/color] [/center]

For it, if you allow me, it wanted to present my dears "Nuns Oblates of the Christ Priest" , who come of the foundation prepares of his [b]7 º Monastery [/b]in Peru. (Others are all in Spain)[/quote]

Hi, alma-silenciosa, and thanks for your post.

Where are the Sisters going to make their foundation in Peru?

Peace!

alma-silenciosa

[quote name='Orans' post='1817352' date='Mar 26 2009, 07:26 PM']Hi, alma-silenciosa, and thanks for your post.

Where are the Sisters going to make their foundation in Peru?

Peace![/quote]

[i] [color="#8B0000"]Laudetur Iesus Christus! [/color] [/i]

Before nothing, thank you very much by your dear answer sister “Orans”.
I am a young college student, (immensely happy to be “Aspirant” of the Congregation; and it wanted to share a little to them my loved Sisters, who very are not known.
I have been knowing the Oblates Sisters for a year approximately of providencial way and by the Grace of God. I am in close contact with the Monastery of Madrid (House-Mother of the Congregation) Ah, you have visited some Monastery of Spain ?

did not know this that you count of Sor Isabel de la Trinidad! Yes I know that our Founding father: [b]Don Jose Mª García Lahiguera [/b] was long Confesor and spiritual director of Don Escribá de Balaguer, by order of this one same one. And I say with pride then ours to it loved Father it gave its life by the “[u]Sacerdotal Sanctity[/u]”, and saw in it great urgency.

The writings of our [b]Mother Mª del Carmen [/b] are of a sublime mystic and exigeance, who remembers much to the “fire” of Saint Catherine of Siena in his “Dialogue” (o "Coloque") for example…

A phrase that as soon as I read, it identified to me deeply is:

[i] [b]“… If you do not suffer, what more life has left the Love? And if you do not love, what you do? “ [/b][/i](Madre Mª del Carmen)

(Not if well the phrase is translated, because I am using a translator of the Web… However, some of its phrases and lessons we can find in the Website of the Congregation, already better translated the English.)

The new foundation is being prepared in “Moyobamba” (Peru), in a villa (property) that has the Archidiosècis. And it will be closely together of the new Seminary too.

Benedictions and Peace in CHristo.

[quote name='nunsense' post='1817058' date='Mar 26 2009, 12:45 PM']They look very Carmelite in dress and in nature![/quote]

The Oblate Sisters of Christ the Priest have two hours of daily meditation in community, like the Carmelites, one in the morning and one in the evening. But every (professed) Sister has also two more daily hours of meditation -personal prayer in the choir- in which each Sister takes turns, one hour during the day and one hour in the night (breaking the sleep) so that there is always an Oblate Sister in prayer in every monastery. They pray the rosary in community everyday too, and have great devotion to our Blessed Mother.

They don't have daily recreation; they have two one-hour recreation period in the week, on Thursday and Sunday -unlike the Carmelites who have two hours every day-, but have also longer recreation days during special feasts and days of the year.

The Oblate Sisters are very contemplative and live with great simplicity. They have a strong emphasis on the liturgy, which they solemnize with Gregorian Chant on Sundays, solemnities, and feast days. They pray all the Hours of the Divine Office.

[quote name='alma-silenciosa' post='1817620' date='Mar 26 2009, 11:58 PM']I am a young college student, (immensely happy to be “Aspirant” of the Congregation; and it wanted to share a little to them my loved Sisters, who very are not known.
I have been knowing the Oblates Sisters for a year approximately of providencial way and by the Grace of God. I am in close contact with the Monastery of Madrid (House-Mother of the Congregation) Ah, you have visited some Monastery of Spain ?[/quote]

Congratulations on your vocation to the Oblatas!!! :clap:
I will be praying for you as you discern your vocation with the Sisters. Do you have a date for entrance yet? Are you waiting for the foundation in Peru to take place first?

Did you create the website for the Sisters by yourself? That's a big job, lots of information and nice pictures. Thank you very much. I do know some of the monasteries in Spain.

Peace and every blessing be with you,
Orans

alma-silenciosa

[quote name='Orans' post='1818151' date='Mar 27 2009, 08:28 PM']Congratulations on your vocation to the Oblatas!!! :clap:
I will be praying for you as you discern your vocation with the Sisters. Do you have a date for entrance yet? Are you waiting for the foundation in Peru to take place first?

Did you create the website for the Sisters by yourself? That's a big job, lots of information and nice pictures. Thank you very much. I do know some of the monasteries in Spain.

Peace and every blessing be with you,
Orans[/quote]

[center][i] [color="#8B0000"]"Ad quem accedentes, lapidem vivum, ab hominibus quidem reprobatum, coram Deo autem electum, pretiosum, et ipsi tamquam lapides vivi aedificamini domus spiritalis in sacerdotium sanctum offerre spiritales hostias acceptabiles Deo per Iesum Christum." [/i]

Ep.1º Petri 2-5[/color] [/center]

Dear Orans sister:

I have begun my answer with this one beautiful citation of the Epistle of Pedro, who us anchor in the meaning of the Vocation of the Oblate. She, like “alive stone”, has been called to build that [i]“domus spiritalis”, [/i]for consolation and spiritual refuge of [u]all the Sacerdotal Order[/u], and for all time! Also call - as it says to the Epistle [i]“in sacerdotium sanctum”, [/i]to that total oblation and sublimates of the life and the death, by means of Jesus Christ, "crucificada" with Him...

[i] [color="#8B0000"]" ...as newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the Word, that you may grow thereby, if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious: coming to him, a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God, precious. [b]You also, as living stones, are built up as a spiritual house[/b], to be a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God through Jesus Christ."[/color] [/i]

With respect to my enter the Monastery, we are two the Aspirants who surely we begin together, with the Grace of God.
The Congregation has the Monastery of “Portulants-Noviciates” [u]in Madrid[/u], for any candidate. After Simple Profession (Temporal Vows -3 years-) it is continued in the “Monastery of Juniorates” [u]in Toledo[/u].

That is to say, which the young people who approach the Foundation of Peru, or any other country, also will have to both make this one Formation in Monasteries of Spain, cradles of the Congregation.
I hope to count on its orations in front of Christ Priest so that we are faithful and generous in our delivery to the Love. Amin.

Dedicadísima in Iesus Christus.

• 4 weeks later...

These nuns will be on EWTN next week (USA Spanish):

EWTN ESPAÑOL - PROGRAMACION EN ESPAÑOL PARA LOS ESTADOS UNIDOS

LLega la Primavera, ep 4 (30 mn) - (Spring Has Arrived #4)

Thu, 04/30/09 1:00 ET Wed, 04/29/09 22:00 PT

Thu, 04/30/09 11:00 ET Thu, 04/30/09 8:00 PT

Thu, 04/30/09 20:00 ET Thu, 04/30/09 17:00 PT

Peace!

alma-silenciosa

[quote name='Orans' post='1843116' date='Apr 21 2009, 09:34 PM']These nuns will be on EWTN next week (USA Spanish):

EWTN ESPAÑOL - PROGRAMACION EN ESPAÑOL PARA LOS ESTADOS UNIDOS

LLega la Primavera, ep 4 (30 mn) - (Spring Has Arrived #4)

Thu, 04/30/09 1:00 ET Wed, 04/29/09 22:00 PT

Thu, 04/30/09 11:00 ET Thu, 04/30/09 8:00 PT

Thu, 04/30/09 20:00 ET Thu, 04/30/09 17:00 PT

Peace![/quote]

[center][b]PAX CHRISTI ![/b][/center]

Thank you very much dear sister Orans!

Una lluvia de Bendiciones para tí y que ÉL nos colme de Su Misericordia en éste maravilloso tiempo de la Octava de Pascua, Amin!