An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nashville Dominicans

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

laetitia crucis

Incredible is right!!!

:twothumbsup:

I especially like the "Day in the Life" section -- it's always nice being able to see the general schedule when discerning with an order! :topsy:

kavalamyself

This is one of the most beautiful websites ever. I love the way the sisters look, and I also love their veils which are really great. I am also glad they have kept the little cape-like thing that goes over the habit. So many communities don't use that anymore. It makes the habit look much more beautiful and very attractive for any body shape.

I wish more Orders were like this. Great website, great women, great nuns, great everything! This alone makes me want to be a Dominican! Anybody that has these nuns as teachers is blessed!

puellapaschalis

[quote name='kavalamyself' post='1820423' date='Mar 30 2009, 07:10 PM']This is one of the most beautiful websites ever. I love the way the sisters look, and I also love their veils which are really great. I am also glad they have kept the little cape-like thing that goes over the habit. So many communities don't use that anymore. It makes the habit look much more beautiful and very attractive for any body shape.

I wish more Orders were like this. Great website, great women, great nuns, great everything! This alone makes me want to be a Dominican! Anybody that has these nuns as teachers is blessed![/quote]

If I recall what a Dominican nun said once correctly, the nuns' habits (the nuns were around before women joined in the friars' work) were without that cape-thingy (sorry, I never remember its name :unsure: ). So it's really an addition rather than something that was taken away.

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1820466' date='Mar 30 2009, 02:40 PM']If I recall what a Dominican nun said once correctly, the nuns' habits (the nuns were around before women joined in the friars' work) were without that cape-thingy (sorry, I never remember its name :unsure: ). So it's really an addition rather than something that was taken away.[/quote]
It's called a capuce for men--- but that's b/c it includes the hood for them. And I think historically you're right. The sisters' habits were developed off the friars' habits, not the nuns'.

TotusTuusMaria

wow! it is STUNNING!

I love it. I am definitely going to spend some more time on there later this afternoon...

thank you for posting :love:

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='kavalamyself' post='1820423' date='Mar 30 2009, 01:10 PM']This alone makes me want to be a Dominican![/quote]

lol I was thinking that too and I have never felt drawn to be a Dominican. They did an awesome job on the website... it resounds joy and totally captures their lives as dedicated to our Lord.

[quote name='Maria Faustina' post='1818147' date='Mar 27 2009, 10:22 PM']What a beast website. the fluffy pancake and grapes, with seeds of a withering oak, under a canopy of saurkraut fabric delightable fluffy pancake and grapes, with seeds of a withering oak, under a canopy of saurkraut fabric grapes, with seeds of, coagulated milk, a withering oak, under a canopy of, coagulated milk, saurkraut fabric delightable fluffy pancake and grapes, with seeds of a withering oak, under a canopy of saurkraut fabric grapes, with seeds of, coagulated milk, a withering oak, under a canopy of, coagulated milk, saurkraut fabric grapes, with seeds of, coagulated milk,, coagulated milk, a withering oak, under a canopy of, coagulated milk,, coagulated milk, saurkraut fabric delightable fluffy pancake and grapes, with seeds of a withering oak, under a canopy of saurkraut fabric grapes, with seeds of, coagulated milk, a withering oak, under a canopy of, coagulated milk, saurkraut fabric grapes, with seeds of, coagulated milk,, coagulated milk, a withering oak, under a canopy of, coagulated milk,, coagulated milk, saurkraut fabric grapes, with seeds of, coagulated milk,, coagulated milk,, coagulated milk, a withering oak, under a canopy of, coagulated milk,, coagulated milk,, coagulated milk, saurkraut fabric delightable sisters AAAAARRRRGGHHH!!!! beasts....all of, coagulated milk,, coagulated milk,, coagulated milk,, coagulated milk, them :) They did an amazing job off this![/quote]

OK I'm WAY out of, coagulated milk,, coagulated milk,, coagulated milk, any current slang "loop"....I'm guessing beast Izzy a postitive term. :bigthink: :bigpray: :scratchhead: :doh:

**edited because I tried to be together forever, soldier boy, YOU!!!!! AAAAARRRRGGHHH!!!! my love, be together forever, soldier boy, soldier boy, YOU!!!!!!!!!! AAAAARRRRGGHHH!!!! my love, get the fluffy pancake and grapes, with seeds of a withering oak, under a canopy of saurkraut fabric delightable fluffy pancake and grapes, with seeds of a withering oak, under a canopy of saurkraut fabric grapes, with seeds of, coagulated milk, a withering oak, under a canopy of, coagulated milk, saurkraut fabric delightable coagulated milk out....

**edited again because I want to be together forever, soldier boy, YOU!!!!! AAAAARRRRGGHHH!!!! my love, say I GIVE UP. No idea why all that wicky wicky wack STUFF came out.

Edited by osapientia

OH I GET it, an okay but not SO great novel,....it, an okay but not SO great novel,'S march 1ST.

DUH!!!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='osapientia' post='1822002' date='Apr 1 2009, 10:21 AM']OH I GET I[i][/i]T I[i][/i]T'S AP[i][/i]RIL 1ST.

DUH!!![/quote]
I can translate!

Edited by FutureNunJMJ

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='osapientia' post='1821996' date='Apr 1 2009, 10:18 AM']OK I'm WAY out o[i][/i]f any current slang "loop"....I'm guessing beast i[i][/i]s a postitive term. :bigthink: :bigpray: :scratchhead: :doh:

**edited because I tried t[i][/i]o get th[i][/i]e [insert things here] out....

**edited again because I want t[i][/i]o say I GIVE UP. No idea why all th[i][/i]at STUFF came out.[/quote]

Thomist-in-Training

Oh... Abscondita, I got a PM from thee but i.t didn't make any sense because Phatmass = stupid... Ummm.... send me an email if thou wishest with th'email feature, I deleted thy PM thinking twas spam. :)