An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nashville Dominicans

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1820466' date='Mar 30 2009, 01:40 PM']If I recall what a Dominican nun said once correctly, the fluffy pancake and grapes, with seeds of a withering oak, under a canopy of saurkraut fabric delightable fluffy pancake and grapes, with seeds of a withering oak, under a canopy of saurkraut fabric grapes, with seeds of, coagulated milk, a withering oak, under a canopy of, coagulated milk, saurkraut fabric delightable nuns' habits (the fluffy pancake and grapes, with seeds of a withering oak, under a canopy of saurkraut fabric delightable fluffy pancake and grapes, with seeds of a withering oak, under a canopy of saurkraut fabric grapes, with seeds of, coagulated milk, a withering oak, under a canopy of, coagulated milk, saurkraut fabric delightable nuns were around before women joined out of, coagulated milk, this world, but still out of this world, but still in fashion when in Clovis, NM fashion when out of this world, but still in fashion when in Clovis, NM Clovis, NM the fluffy pancake and grapes, with seeds of a withering oak, under a canopy of saurkraut fabric delightable fluffy pancake and grapes, with seeds of a withering oak, under a canopy of saurkraut fabric grapes, with seeds of, coagulated milk, a withering oak, under a canopy of, coagulated milk, saurkraut fabric delightable friars' work) were without that wicky wicky wack wicky wicky wack cape-thingy (sorry, I never remember its name :unsure: ). So it, an okay but not SO great novel,, an okay but not SO great novel,'s really an addition rather than something that wicky wicky wack wicky wicky wack wha wha wha wha whazzzz taken away.[/quote]

Forgot about march Fool's day.

I'll be back tomorrow.

Edited by DameAgnes

These are the kind of nuns that I like. Again, though, their necks should be covered for the sake of modesty, but at least they are pretty modest in other ways. The convent looks clean the way that women should keep things - glad to see their femininity is being protected. Good job, sisters!

Thomist-in-Training

[quote name='Beatus' post='1822789' date='Apr 2 2009, 03:36 PM']Again, though, their necks should be covered for the sake of modesty, but at least they are pretty modest in other ways. The convent looks clean the way that women should keep things - glad to see their femininity is being protected. Good job, sisters![/quote]

:rolleyes:
I am not a feminist. I think feminism should die. But these comments are very condescending, like a parody of the way feminists think serious Catholics are. I think wimples are great, but don't you think there are about 1,000,000,000 things to worry about 1. in society 2. in the Church 3. in religious life before the Nashville Dominicans' necks?
Again, I agree that "making a house a home" is a good thing ascribed to women by proverbs, and there is some truth in it. But I don't think men's monasteries are covered with scrap paper and dead leaves just because women don't live there... I hope not, anyways.

Maria Faustina

[quote name='Thomist-in-Training' post='1822803' date='Apr 2 2009, 05:34 PM']:rolleyes:
I am not a feminist. I think feminism should die. But these comments are very condescending, like a parody of the way feminists think serious Catholics are. I think wimples are great, but don't you think there are about 1,000,000,000 things to worry about 1. in society 2. in the Church 3. in religious life before the Nashville Dominicans' necks?
Again, I agree that "making a house a home" is a good thing ascribed to women by proverbs, and there is some truth in it. But I don't think men's monasteries are covered with scrap paper and dead leaves just because women don't live there... I hope not, anyways.[/quote]

Great post. I agree with everything Thomist-in-Training has said. However, I fail to see why seeing the necks of Nashville Dominicans, religious women, or any woman is considered immodest. But like Thomist-in-Training said, there are many more important things about which to worry. :)

AMAZING WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!! I actually discovered the big change in the midst of answering my phone which resulted in a "He-oh WOW!!"...which then lead to a very interesting conversation, lol...beautiful website, beautiful information, beautiful witness...it's just as amazing as Beloved :D

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='Maria Faustina' post='1822824' date='Apr 2 2009, 05:19 PM']I fail to see why seeing the necks of Nashville Dominicans, religious women, or any woman is considered immodest.[/quote]

It is not.

Our Lady's neck is not covered when she appears to us. And from the dress we assume she wore when she lived amongst us, her neck was not covered either. One would not call her immodest or say anything about her dress being anything other then modest.

• 2 weeks later...
AlterDominicus

Oh man. I miss these Sisters so much. They had a group come to the University of St. Thomas every year in Saint Paul to study at the college. They have a mission here in Stillwater Minnesota.