An Old School Catholic Message Board

Scott Hahn

Brother Adam

Birgitta Noel

Hahn's newest book "Lord Have Mercy" is also excellent it's a history, explanation, and reflection on the sacrament of Reconciliation. I highly recommend it!!!!

Bro. Adam,

I bought a copy at a Good Will for fifty cents. It is interesting, not super deep on the theology, but is a beautiful story of two persons seeking to be obedient to God and faithful to what they do know, and open to knowing more. I really liked how the Hahn's were patient with each other during their journey. The both eventually embrace Catholicism, but not at the same time. In fact, it was really impressive how Scott's father-in-law who is a Presbyterianl (I think) preacher, gave good solid Christian advice to his daughter and followed it himself. In my opinion, it isn't a story of conversion, but a story about a journey in Faith, with plenty of wonderful witness (and plenty of not so wonderful witness) by both Catholic and non-Catholics.

I got my 50 cents worth out of it. If you want the book, e-mail me an address. I would consider it a personal blessing to send it to you.