An Old School Catholic Message Board

Carmel - Take Three

AccountDeleted

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Sister Rose Therese' post='1828741' date='Apr 8 2009, 08:13 AM']Dear Nunsense,
will keep you in prayers.
God bless and keep you![/quote]

Thank you and God bless you.

Edited by nunsense

AccountDeleted

[quote name='shortnun' post='1829345' date='Apr 8 2009, 06:29 PM']Many prayers.[/quote]

Keep 'em comin' :saint:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='laetitia crucis' post='1830810' date='Apr 10 2009, 09:37 AM']You most certainly have my prayers! :sign: :pray: I'll be sure to pray extra hard during your live-in. :console:

Thank you for your persistance -- it's very much an encouragment to me! (I was also in another order and am still trying to find where God wants me. I'll keep knocking! :D )

God bless you!
lc[/quote]

You just keep knocking until that door opens!! :rolleyes: Persistence is a different type of perseverence - and if that's all we have, that's good enough for now :topsy: The way I look at it, Jesus fell three times but kept getting up again. He gave us an example to follow - when the cross gets too heavy and we fall, ask for His help to get up again and to go on. We have a God who understands our suffering and our weakness. :love:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='DameAgnes' post='1831180' date='Apr 10 2009, 07:07 PM']Annie, you are in my prayers. Keep knocking. The landlord will get tired of it and let you in.[/quote]

DameAgnes - thank you so much for your prayers.

I want to thank everyone who has asked how they can help. I have taken the advice of friends and set up a web page where those who feel so inclined, may make a contribution to my travel fund. I have put the link on my profile page. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. It isn't a very professional page, but it states the message :rolleyes:

God bless you all. :pray:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Thomist-in-Training' post='1835771' date='Apr 14 2009, 09:03 PM']The monastery looks beautiful! Prayers![/quote]

Thank you - I like this picture from the [url="http://www.carmelite.org.uk/Kirkedge.html"]Carmelites website[/url]...

[img]http://www.geocities.com/annierosha/kirkedge02.jpg[/img]

Oh, my...I want to go live there!

Annie, how many are in the community?

Edited by DameAgnes

AccountDeleted

[quote name='DameAgnes' post='1835854' date='Apr 14 2009, 10:33 PM']Oh, my...I want to go live there![/quote]

Me too. but things aren't looking too good right now. I had some people offer to help and even had a benefactor who wanted to help with a lot of the fare, but I haven't heard from him in a few days and I couldn't reach him by phone, and still don't have enough to book the flight, so keep praying for me please! Maybe I was getting too confident? I thought I wasn't worried, but it's funny how one day we can feel so strong and another feel so weak :rolleyes:

I just got through watching The Bible movie on video and of course as Abraham was being tested, I was thinking that I wouldn't have been able to trust God as much as he did!

Then I heard from a US convent that asked me if I wanted to come visit them, and I started wondering if I was doing the right thing trying to go to England, and well, you know how doubts just start to eat one up inside - so pray for me please. I am one of those people who has a lot of self-doubt, so trying to trust God gets complicated by my doubts about myself as well.

Prayers, prayers, prayers. I need to go spend some time in front of the Blessed Sacrament tomorrow and find my peace again!

Edited by nunsense

AccountDeleted

[quote name='shadowedseraph' post='1836027' date='Apr 15 2009, 04:44 AM']Many prayers for you :bigpray:[/quote]

shadowedseraph - Thank you!

And DameAgnes, I forgot to answer your question about how many are in the community -- I am afraid I don't remember for sure - and since I sold my laptop, I don't have any of my old emails left any more to check back! :rolleyes: I think the number was around 13 or 14. Carmelite Monasteries are limited to 21 and then are supposed to start thinking about founding a new community!