An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cleaning Out Room, Selling Belongings.. For The Pearl Of Great Price.

johnnydigit

Johnny,

Are you joining a religious order? I have not been following a lot of things on Phatmass lately, and seem to be out of the loop... Where are you at in discernment?

InHisLove726

[quote name='the_rev' post='1839056' date='Apr 17 2009, 08:12 PM']Johnny,

Are you joining a religious order? I have not been following a lot of things on Phatmass lately, and seem to be out of the loop... Where are you at in discernment?[/quote]

I think he's discerning with the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal. :)

johnnydigit

[quote name='the_rev' post='1839056' date='Apr 17 2009, 06:12 PM']Johnny,

Are you joining a religious order? I have not been following a lot of things on Phatmass lately, and seem to be out of the loop... Where are you at in discernment?[/quote]

yup. i am planning to enter the Franciscans of the Immaculate. formation begins on the feast of St. Max, Aug 14, in New York. i hope to finish all this stuff at home in time to fly out a little earlier to settle in.

i guess you can say i'm pretty much done and at the end of my discernment (at least this phase, for now). the major obstacles have been overcome (praise God for these past few weeks), so if things progress as planned, i should have my final paper work sent, my debts paid, my stuff gone, and in my habit on Dec 8. :)

johnnydigit

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1839127' date='Apr 17 2009, 07:51 PM']I think he's discerning with the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal. :)[/quote]

i did discern with the CFR's first.. but my SD said, "what you chose second, God chose first" :)

InHisLove726

[quote name='johnnydigit' post='1839493' date='Apr 18 2009, 03:13 AM']i did discern with the CFR's first.. but my SD said, "what you chose second, God chose first" :)[/quote]

:D

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1838148' date='Apr 17 2009, 12:07 AM']The only thing I would really hate to part with would be my books. I tend to throw things away a lot anyways.[/quote]

that is me.

[quote name='walburga' post='1837977' date='Apr 16 2009, 10:44 PM']...Then, there are always taxes next spring... someone will have to file those on my behalf. ...[/quote]
Wow, this surprised me. I'll have to file my taxes next year from in the convent. I don't think I'll miss filing taxes. :topsy:

the lords sheep

I know it's tough, but it's a really concrete and beautiful way to be able to give to the Lord.
God bless you!
Lauren