An Old School Catholic Message Board

Young Conservative

lost_in_this_world

lost_in_this_world

I am a young conservative. there i said it. this news about ring wing extremists is driving me nuts. am i not allowed to state my opinion? freedom of speech?? or is that only when you agree with the government? sue me. i kid you not i really want to just go to my state house and hold a sign that says: Arrest me I am a young conservative.

lol i think it would be great.

any others out there?

princessgianna

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1838639' date='Apr 17 2009, 01:28 PM']We're a persecuted lot. ;)
At least you have more free speech in America than I do in Canada. :rolleyes:[/quote]
Yea! Though Christ is our Hope!
Is it still true that when you get married you can't change your last name?

piano_freak184

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1838727' date='Apr 17 2009, 04:00 PM']Yea! Though Christ is our Hope!
Is it still true that when you get married you can't change your last name?[/quote]
say whaaaaaa???

princessgianna

I thought I heard that in Canada due to the high number of divorces-when people got married the bride can't change her name!

Nihil Obstat

I believe it's the law in Quebec (but there are a few loopholes). Quebec however, is not the greatest indicator for the rest of Canada. They're crazy and hate us anyway.

princessgianna

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1838793' date='Apr 17 2009, 03:44 PM']I believe it's the law in Quebec (but there are a few loopholes). Quebec however, is not the greatest indicator for the rest of Canada. They're crazy and hate us anyway.[/quote]
oh ok! I understand now!
thanks~ :saint:

[quote name='Arpy' post='1839057' date='Apr 17 2009, 09:12 PM']I read somewhere that Quebec has considered seceding from Canada on occasion. Is that true?[/quote]

Yes. I believe years ago they almost actually did it (by vote) a couple times but it never worked out.

Not sure if I still qualify as young, but definitely die-hard conservative! Striking terror in the hearts of liberals since 2004 on pm.

princessgianna

[quote name='Socrates' post='1839114' date='Apr 17 2009, 08:38 PM']Not sure if I still qualify as young, but definitely die-hard conservative! Striking terror in the hearts of liberals since 2004 on pm.[/quote]
nice!

[quote name='Socrates' post='1839114' date='Apr 17 2009, 09:38 PM']Not sure if I still qualify as young, but definitely die-hard conservative! Striking terror in the hearts of liberals since 2004 on pm.[/quote]
Ah, those were good times. Still are good times... I think. I dunno. The avatar says it all though.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Arpy' post='1839057' date='Apr 17 2009, 07:12 PM']I read somewhere that Quebec has considered seceding from Canada on occasion. Is that true?[/quote]
They rumble about it constantly. They got within a referendum vote, and as was mentioned above, it was extremely close.
Nobody is entirely sure if it's legal though. Honestly, we'd probably be better off without them... except for the giant hole in the country.
Come to think of it, generally the west would be better off by itself. ;) We have a Western Bloc party... but it's run by neo nazis. :P