An Old School Catholic Message Board

Young Conservative

lost_in_this_world

princessgianna

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1839383' date='Apr 18 2009, 12:19 AM']......................
Come to think of it, generally the west would be better off by itself. ;) We have a Western Bloc party... but it's run by neo nazis. :P[/quote]
That's quality! :rolleyes:

I am a young conservative. Why? Because I can think for myself, and not let the media and MTV brainwash what my values are. Considering that I'm from Vancouver (the most liberal city in the world, after Amsterdam), it's pretty much a rarity here to even be remotely conservative. I need to get out of here, I swear =/. But whateverrrrr, I wear my Nobama shirt with pride.

Oh, and about Quebec: they always want to leave. Always. So in order to shut them up, the federal government pours tons of money into Quebec every year.

Edited by exclusivee

tinytherese

Conversatives are rare in my family. I might have been the only one who voted for McCain. At Christmas Eve, when my family started talking about how much they couldn't stand Sarah Palin and I just left the room. Some of them believe that the only parrty to be apart of if you have a brain is the democrat one. I'm the weirdo who doesn't belong to a political party and probably never will. I go by my faith and not by a party. My faith transcends all political parties.

lost_in_this_world

i dont necessarily go by a party either i jsut go with the best candidate or the lesser of two evils

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='exclusivee' post='1839688' date='Apr 18 2009, 01:01 PM']I am a young conservative. Why? Because I can think for myself, and not let the media and MTV brainwash what my values are. Considering that I'm from Vancouver (the most liberal city in the world, after Amsterdam), it's pretty much a rarity here to even be remotely conservative. I need to get out of here, I swear =/. But whateverrrrr, I wear my Nobama shirt with pride.

Oh, and about Quebec: they always want to leave. Always. So in order to shut them up, the federal government pours tons of money into Quebec every year.[/quote]
Move to Alberta. ;) Our provincial Conservatives are ridiculous and not real conservatives, but at least they aren't Liberal! ;)

(We also refer to them as a 'nation within a nation'. ;) You'd think that would be enough for those crazy Frenchies.)

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1839986' date='Apr 18 2009, 07:57 PM']Move to Alberta. ;) Our provincial Conservatives are ridiculous and not real conservatives, but at least they aren't Liberal! ;)

(We also refer to them as a 'nation within a nation'. ;) You'd think that would be enough for those crazy Frenchies.)[/quote]

Alberta is scary, so nah. Conservatives in Canada are all moderate. Where did all the old school conservatives go? :(

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='exclusivee' post='1840226' date='Apr 19 2009, 01:23 AM']Alberta is scary, so nah. Conservatives in Canada are all moderate. Where did all the old school conservatives go? :([/quote]
I think Ralph Klein was the last of his kind. :(
Stelmach is a loser.

[quote name='exclusivee' post='1840226' date='Apr 19 2009, 01:23 AM']Alberta is scary, so nah. Conservatives in Canada are all moderate. Where did all the old school conservatives go? :([/quote]
Moved south . . .

Mark Stein ([i]America Alone[/i]) has recently become my favorite current political writer. He's an ex-pat from Canada who moved to Vermont (though that seems hardly a change in climate - either physically or cultural-politically). He's funny and entertaining as all get-out, but also speaks right to the heart of many of our current political and cultural issues.

[quote name='lost_in_this_world' post='1839805' date='Apr 18 2009, 04:44 PM']i dont necessarily go by a party either i jsut go with the best candidate or the lesser of two evils[/quote]

Same here.

They said a similar thing about Fulton Sheen. Something about people trying to label him as conservative or liberal and failing because he defied their narrow expectations.

I should look that quote up. It was quite encouraging. I'm not much a conservative or a liberal. Some issues I agree with one party, one person... some another. I'm for unborn rights and worker's rights. The economy and the environment. Etc...