An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers Please

Saint Therese

Saint Therese

Dear Pham,

Please keep me in your prayers as I am trying to resolve my debt so, God willing, I can enter by the end of the year.
I'm going to try several different avenues, including getting a second job.
Any ideas or advice would be welcome and appreciated.
Yours in Christ,
Kayla

Prayers. My advice is that every penny counts. Things that seem small, like buying a pop out of a machine on break, add up over time/days. When I was trying to do the same so that I could immigrate, I turned off everything. No cable or internet. I asked a neighbor to bootleg off his wireless, or used the wireless at the library. I basically didn't spend any money on anything. It's a hard way to live long term, but for short term, you can be surprised how it adds up.

InHisLove726

I hear ya, Sister. :) I'm praying for you! I ask that you pray for me as well since I am leaving in less than three weeks to go to work with the Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus in the Carmelite Home for Girls. I have about $1,200 in credit card and LOC debt that I must pay off if I am to enter this year. I'm hoping for an October 1st entrance date, but I have to be accepted first! You are in the same boat. :D

the lords sheep

I second Catherine- every little bit counts. Walk if you can to save gas. Stop eating out. Start clipping coupons. Don't buy bottled water (unless you have to).
See if you have any books/clothes/movies/other stuff that you can sell on ebay.
Also, examine your bills going out very carefully and discern if there is anything you can save on. Can you turn down the heat and wear a sweater? Turn off the AC and use a fan? Be more careful about turning off electrical objects to save a bit here and there? You'd be surprised of the things that you think that you can't live without, but you can...
Good luck to you! You can do it!

In Christ,
Lauren

laetitia crucis
:bigpray:

Have you ever heard of the [url="http://fundforvocations.org/"]Mater Ecclesiae Fund for Vocations[/url] ? I personally know of at least two religious sisters that have had the help of this organization to pay of their debts before entering.

God bless!!

AbsconditaInDeo
:bigpray: You're in my prayers.

I'm sorry don't have any advice that would be different than the ones stated above, but I'm praying for you and if it's God's will you'll be in the convent by the end of the year :)

tinytherese

You can also do house sitting. You don't have to stay at the home the whole time. Just do the tasks that need to be done. You can also offer to babysit.

FiereMargriet

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1850089' date='Apr 27 2009, 02:10 PM']You can also do house sitting. You don't have to stay at the home the whole time. Just do the tasks that need to be done. You can also offer to babysit.[/quote]

This is a great idea. If your schedule permits, babysitting, tutoring and housesitting can be good moneymakers. You can meet a lot of friendly people and it pays well.

johnnydigit

there seem to be lots of organizations that want to help fun vocations, e.g. [url="http://www.kofc.org/un/eb/en/members/scholarships/vocations.html"]Knights of Columbus[/url].

talk to your parish, diocese vocation director, parishioners etc. i'm sure there are lots of individual people who would love to help if they even knew you needed it.. try as hard as you can! pretend it's Harvard (i bet people would kill to get in - literally), except a million times better!

try, pray, try, pray! otherwise, i guess it could be a sign from God that He may want you to suffer- i mean wait- a little longer! :topsy:

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1849733' date='Apr 27 2009, 01:12 AM']Dear Pham,

Please keep me in your prayers as I am trying to resolve my debt so, God willing, I can enter by the end of the year.
I'm going to try several different avenues, including getting a second job.
Any ideas or advice would be welcome and appreciated.
Yours in Christ,
Kayla[/quote]

If you want some ideas, PM me...

Saint Therese

I'm going to apply for help from the Kof C and Ladies Auxillary.
I'm hoping St. Joseph will help me with this.

I already live a pretty frugally tho I suppose I could do better.

she_who_is_not

I'll promise you a novena to Our Lady, Untier of Knots...she likes to sort out my money troubles... :sign: