An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers For My Nephew Brodie---updated

IcePrincessKRS

IcePrincessKRS

Seems like there are loads of prayer requests rolling in the last few days... I'm just adding another intention to the list, but prayers are greatly appreciated.

My sister is scheduled for a c-section on May 1st at 7:30 am (EST). Her son Brodie has a condition called HLHS (hypoplastic left heart syndrome), [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoplastic_left_heart_syndrome"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoplastic_left_heart_syndrome[/url], and on May 4th will undergo the first of at least 3 open heart surgeries. (If all goes as planned the second will occur somewhere around the time when he is 3 months old, and then the third would happen when he is 2 or 3 years old.) Needless to say Sara and her husband are worried, this is a very difficult time for them. Because of the c-section my sister will probably not be able to see Brodie for a day or two (he will be moved to the NICU immediately and she will have to be in recovery), and then after he has his surgery they won't be able to hold him for at least a week. I know this effects Joe (my brother in law) just as strongly as it does my sister.

Brodie's birthday is coming up fast, I know that any additional prayers that are offered for them during these next few days will help them through this. They also have a 1 year old daughter, and our brother living with them acting as their daycare provider, this adjustment is going to have an impact on all of them so if you want to include Fiona and Mike in your prayers that's cool, too.

IcePrincessKRS

It's kind of surreal but exciting (and nerve wracking because of the HLHS) to think that tomorrow is Brodie's birthday. Thank you all for your prayers. I'll post an update here as soon as I hear anything.

IcePrincessKRS

I've had a rough day so I'm going to bed early tonight, but I'm giving this one last bump until tomorrow.

Happy Birthday, Brodie. :love: :sign:

IcePrincessKRS

I just got a text from my brother Mike (the one who lives with Sara and Joe) and he said Brodie was born at 4:24 this morning (I'm not sure why he was born sooner than "scheduled" yet, she may have gone into labor on her own and they had to bump up the delivery time). He had a true knot in his umbilical cord, as well. He's in the NICU now. Apparently he looks just like his big sister. 7lbs 2oz, and 20 inches long.

Thanks for all the prayers for his safe delivery. :love: